chapter ten

Rosemary never slept.

   Every time Rosemary closed her eyes, she was back in the dark cellar with all sorts of objects slicing her skin and drawing out red blood just to have it dry up on her later. That was the main reason Rosemary kept her humanity off, to not feel the pain Klaus caused her so many years ago. It always bothered her that she couldn't sleep, that she would spend an eternity awake and never dream again. Yet another thing Klaus Mikaelson had ruined for her.

   But now that Kol was back, Rosemary recalled why she didn't mind it the first seven-hundred years of her life. Watching Kol sleep and hearing him snore lightly gave her a sense of peace. It was as if she was sleeping herself.

   Decades of research told Rosemary that it had something to do with their "bond". It was still very unclear what it was, all they knew was that they could always feel each other. Whatever one was feeling, the other felt it too. They also knew what the other was thinking at all times. It was like a little whisper in the back of their brains. It started when Rosemary turned into a vampire, so she guessed it was a soulmate kind of thing vampires could have.

   Rosemary traced circular patterns on his chest. She figured that her Kol would be sick and tired of sleeping, but he fell asleep like a baby around the time Rosemary finished telling him about what she had been doing for the past century.

   They agreed on going out before the ball Esther was hosting in celebration of her family being hole again. Kol wanted to see what became of the world, and knowing her husband, Rosemary figured that he would love everything. Especially the underwear.

   "Why are you thinking about underwear?" Kol questioned suddenly, his eyes still closed. Rosemary giggled, figuring that her thoughts about underwear somehow reached him while he was sleeping. Either that or he had been awake and listened to her thoughts for a while.

   "How long have you been awake?" Rosemary asked.

   "Long enough to know that you think about me naked a lot," Kol answered, opening one eye to look at her, a lazy grin on his lips. "Nice images you have in that pretty little head of yours."

   Rosemary narrowed her eyes at him. "Then I guess you won't mind me thinking about this," she slid her hand down to Kol's crotch, brushing past it very lightly. It had a great effect on Kol, considering both his eyes shot up and his breath caught up in his throat. To get her point across, Rosemary thought of all the times they had been together before speaking again, "while I'm in the shower."

   The redhead smirked at the look on Kol's face as she untangled herself from him. She got up and started getting undressed on the way to their bathroom. Klaus had been generous enough to build separate bathrooms attached to each bedroom.

   Rosemary heard Kol following her, but she just turned around and held her hand up. "Not today, darling," she said. Kol furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. It's been over a century since they had been together. He almost expected her to jump him and have her wicked way with him as soon as she saw him.

   Rosemary turned around again without explaining what she was doing. Kol shook his head and went back to their bed, respecting that she said 'no' and that she didn't want to have him at the moment.

   Her thoughts and the sounds she made while showering said a whole other thing though.

<><><><><><>