chapter nine

After killing Mikael, the oldest vampire in the history of time, Rosemary was left with two options. First one was, obviously, to get the hell out of Mystic Falls and go as far away as possible, but to still be in the country incase Klaus decided to pull the dagger in her husbands chest out. The second was to stay and see what would happen. The worst thing that could happen at this point was Klaus deciding to drive a stake through the redhead's heart. 

   Rosemary decided on the first option.

   It wasn't that likely that Klaus would go after her and rip her to shreds. She did kill the man whose been after him for a millennium. She practically did him a favor. She and Damon got to live to see another day and all was well. But Rosemary still feared for herself. She did not know what she could do in blind rage.

   The redhead sighed, taking a sip from her tea. She rested her chin on her palm and looked around at the people walking in and out of the small cafe in South California. Her life was boring at the moment. With nothing to do and no one to talk to, all Rosemary did was sit around and drink tea. But it was a lot better than the Mystic Falls drama.

   A part of her wanted to call Niklaus and ask him what she had to do to get Kol back. It required a lot of self control now that her humanity was back on. But the other part of her was too scared. She had changed a lot during the last century. She feared her lover would not recognize her when he saw her. That he would un-fall for her and leave.

   Cracking her neck, Rosemary got up and left the cafe. She felt jumpy, paranoid. She was in desperate need of a snack. So, that's what she did. She killed and killed, leaving a trail of bodies all over the small town in the span of just three days.

   And that was how Elijah Mikaelson ended up finding the redhead. He found her only a few hours after he was awakened from his slumber. Rosemary's murders were all over the news, something that caught Elijah's attention quickly. When he saw a photo of a redhead speeding away from the scene after getting caught, he just knew it was her.

   Elijah ended up sending one of his minions after her. 

   It pissed Rosemary off when a young vampire interrupted her from feeding. But when he told her he was there on behalf of Elijah, she snapped the victims neck and hid the body in a dumpster.

   Immediately after her conversation with the vampire, Rosemary booked the first flight back to Mystic Falls.

   Next thing Rosemary knew, she was sitting down around a table with Elijah next to her and Niklaus in front of her. He was glaring at her, making sure she knew that he wanted to snap her neck repeatedly and break a few bones. Rosemary was glaring at him, while Elijah was rubbing his temple.

   "Why did you run away?" Klaus asked, breaking the silence.

   "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because you've threatened to kill me and make my life miserable for the past eight hundred years," Rosemary answered, leaning back into her chair with crossed arms.

   "You know why I did all of that," Klaus argued.

   "No, don't try to make this about your childhood issues and insecurities. You are sick, and you know that!" The redhead practically yelled, shooting out of her chair, knocking it backwards in the process. She slammed her hands on the table and stared at Klaus. 

   "I have my issues, yes. But hear me when I say that no one is even close to your madness. How many people did you kill in the span of days?" Klaus asked, taunting her.

   "Stop it, both of you!" Elijah scolded. He got up and put the chair back into it's place. He then proceeded to push Rosemary down on it, making her cross her arms and pout. "Our guests have arrived," He announced and went to get the door.