epilogue

Rosemary saw everything. 

She saw how Kol slaughtered villages, killed people and terrorised everyone that looked remotely like her. He was a mess without her. Her heart ached when she saw him like that. All she wanted was to hug him and tell him that it was going to be okay. 

Rosemary had clearly underestimated his love for her. She always doubted if he felt as strongly as her, but it was clearly worse for him. She was dead. When Kol was daggered, she could always feel their bond. But now it was completely cut off. That must've felt like a piece of him got cut off. 

She saw everything, and that included when Gabriel confronted him. 

"How could you?!" He roared as the door hit the opposite wall. Kol was on the floor, a bottle of bourbon in his hand. His head rested against the wall as he took a swig of the bottle. His hair was all over the place and he was almost naked. He only bothered to put on boxers because Rebekah forced him.

Upon seeing the mess of the man that he once feared, Gabriel stopped in his tracks. "What's wrong with you?" 

Kol chuckled humourlessly. "Well, my soulmate is dead, so there's that." He took another swig of his bottle, never once bothering to ask who Gabriel was. He knew that all too well. He had seen him and Rosemary, after all. 

"You let her die," Gabriel accused. Kol looked up at Gabriel, a venomous look in his eyes. Suddenly, the bottle was across the room, shattered into pieces. He was standing in front of Daniel, hand wrapped loosely around his neck. Gabriel struggled against his hold, his feet dangling above the wooden floor of the apartment. 

"You reek of fear," Kol commented. "Is that because of me?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. "Tell me, where was your fear when you fucked Rosemary?"

"With you, in your grave." 

That was the wrong answer. Gabriel knew he shouldn't taunt the literally immortal - and now pissed off - vampire, but he couldn't keep his comments to himself. Kol threw Gabriel across the room, giving him only a moment to recover before he was in front of him again, a piece of wood in his hand. 

"Do it! Do it and release me from this life Rose damned me to!" Gabriel grabbed Kol's hand and pressing the stake against his chest, the wood almost penetrating him.

Kol looked down at Gabriel before laughing. "You claim she damned you, yet you still love her?" 

"Love is strange," Gabriel answered.

"I have to agree with you on that one," Kol said before backing away from Gabriel. "I know Rosemary showed you kindness when you fucked up big time, so that's what I'm gonna do now. Show you the same kindness she showed you. I owe her that at least." 

Rosemary's heart ached when she thought about who she left behind. She left Kol, the love of her life. Her soulmate. She left Gabriel, her best friend. Rebekah, her sister. She knew that despite their differences, Klaus missed her too. 

"What do you mean she's dead?" Rebekah bit out. Her heart wasn't beating, but had it been, then she was sure that it'd jump out of her chest. 

Klaus stared down at Kol, a haunting emptiness in his eyes. His sister, she couldn't be dead. Right? Who would even think to mess with her? Only one name popped up in his head, and that name alone caused him to scowl. 

"The Salvatores. It must be them behind this," Klaus growled. His eyes flashed a dangerous yellow, something that only happened when he was willing it to, or when he was high on emotion. 

"Don't do anything." Kol had to force himself to speak. Every word that left his mouth had him feeling like someone was pouring acid down his throat. "I heard her last thought, she doesn't want us to do anything." 

"Why the hell not?" Rebekah asked, throwing her arms out. 

"She knows that it's gonna catch up to them. Something big is going to happen, and they'll barely survive it. She wants the universe to avenge her death. She wants us to do nothing and watch as their lives get ruined." 

On the other side, Rosemary was smiling through her tears and sobs. He had heard her. He heard her pleas for him to not do anything. The other side was a mysterious place, but she knew that the feeling in her chest wasn't just happiness from what Kol was saying. It was a warm feeling, someone reassuring her that it was going to be okay. 

Rosemary remembered thinking that she knew that it was going to be okay. She remembered how she had faith that Kol was going to be okay. And he was. He was okay with her. Despite every horrible thing they had done, Kol and Rosemary ended up together on the other side. Of course, it only took for the Gilbert boy to murder him, but they were both strangely okay with it. The Bennett witch had lifted the veil, allowing Rosemary and Kol to speak to Rebekah, Klaus and Elijah. 

They even  formed a plan to kill the Mystic Falls gang just for the heck of it, but that had failed. They both shrugged and moved on from it, not giving it too much thought. 

But then shit started hitting the fan. 

Rosemary and Kol were having a normal day, commenting on the stupid decisions their family made everyday and questioning if this is what it was like for the rest of their now deceased supernatural friends. 

Then, Rosemary saw a white light. At first, she thought it was finally their time to pass on, to find peace. But then she felt herself being literally dragged away. Kol tried to hold onto her, but he was flying too. 

Rosemary felt the wind around her, trying to drag her away from her soulmate. She knew that this was it, they were going to hell now. They were finally going to pay for what they had done. She felt already at peace with it, but Kol didn't. She saw him struggle to keep her with him, but Rosemary didn't give it a second thought as she loosened her hold on him. 

"Rose, no!" Kol yelled, his voice miraculously overpowering the howling wind. 

Rosemary smiled at him. "Let go, Kol. We'll be together again. Just, let go," she encouraged. 

Her fingers were slipping away from his, so it wasn't like Kol had a choice. She still didn't want to part on bad terms. She had faith that they'd be together again, but she knew that it was going to take a few thousand years to make up for the horrible crimes she committed during her time as a vampire. Rosemary was eventually sucked into the white void, leaving Kol behind. 

The two didn't end up together, though. Rosemary spent the rest of her useless existence in hell, tortured next to Elena Gilbert's look-a-like, and Kol spent the rest of his life missing a part of him. Because villains never got happy endings, and the pair were villains in their own stories. So why should they get one? 

<><><><><><>

there we go. here it is, the end of this. 

if you didn't get it, rose and kol were bad people. sure, they grounded each other and they made each other better. but they were still villains, and villains never get happy endings. this is no exception so they didn't get one either. 

peace out bros, i'm leaving this site for good. if you want to contact me, i have a twitter (illegallyrobbie). that's literally the only way to reach me so yeah.

thanks for everything, guys.