chapter four

Damon Salvatore regretted a lot of things. One of them had to be going downstairs to see what Stefan and Rosemary were up to. He heard giggles and music, a few snaps every now and then. Damon stepped over two dead girls by the stairs, scowling down at them. He walked into the living room to see Stefan on the couch. He was playing twister with the girls.

Stefan spun the wheel and said, "Uh-oh. Alexandra, left hand, please." He said. The girl, Alexandra, obliged and held out her left arm for Stefan to bite.

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a persian rug," Damon stated. He stared at Stefan, not used to seeing him like this.

"You mean, they owe us a persian rug?" Stefan asked. He wiped the blood off his mouth. "It's my house, too, brother," he said. "Ooh! Would you like a spin?" Stefan asked.

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?" Damon questioned and walked down the small staircase.

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be!" Stefan said. There was a knock on the door that kept Damon from replying with a snarky remark. Damon went to open the door just as he saw a flash of red before him. He immediately knew that it was Rosemary that had gone to open the door.

"Where's Stefan?" Damon heard a girl ask. The girl, who turned out to be Rebekah, walked inside the house. She was holding shopping bags and seemed upset about something.

"Who the hell are you?" Damon asked.

"He left me here. My brother actually left me here," Rebekah said and looked at the three younger vampires, looking for a reaction out of any of them. The only thing she saw was Damon looking confused and Rosemary smirking to herself.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Your tone implies that I'm actually supposed to care," Stefan said, clearly taking advantage of the fact that her brother had compelled every emotion out of him.

"You're Klaus' sister?" Damon asked.

Rebekah turned to look at him. "Rebekah. Pleasure, I'm sure," she said before turning back to Stefan. "Which one's my room?" She asked.

"Oh, you're not staying here," Stefan answered.

Rebekah looked at Damon, who said nothing, before saying, "Rude. Both of you. I'll see to it myself," and running up the stairs.

"So I guess she's staying here," Stefan said after a while

<><><><><><>

"So... I'm gonna go..." Rosemary heard Elena say from the restroom. The strawberry blonde didn't want to be there, but she kind of had to. The reason she even stayed in Mystic Falls was because of Klaus being more of a dick than usual. He wanted her to stay and look after Elena and Damon. Unfortunately, that meant going to highschool.

And that's what she was doing.

Rosemary was in a high school, going there as a senior, protecting the worst doppelgänger to exist and dealing with Stefan's very annoying arse while looking after Damon.

Elena walked out of the mens restroom. She looked down at her phone briefly which allowed Stefan to walk into her. Rosemary rolled her eyes at the cliche of the whole thing.

"Hello, Elena," Stefan greeted.

"Hi," Rosemary said from behind Stefan with a small wave. She then leaned against the wall and looked at her nails. They were practically begging her for a manicure.

Elena's eyes were wide as she asked, "What are you doing here?" Sure, she was scared of Stefan. But she was terrified of Rosemary. She was as old as dust and strong. She could kill everyone in Mystic Falls and get away with it.

"What do you mean? I'm going back to school. Go timberwolves!" Stefan said, feigning enthusiasm.

"What?! Why?" Elena questioned. Rosemary got away from the wall and got in between Stefan and Elena. She crossed her arms with a glare, clearly happy that Elena's heart started beating faster just by seeing the older vampire.

"Klaus wants us to keep an eye on you. Trust me, we both would rather be on the other side of the planet, but we're just doing what we're told to do. Deal with it," Rosemary answered.

"I'm going to be late for class," Elena said. She walked past Rosemary and tried to leave, but Stefan stopped her by grabbing her arm.

"Oh, class is this way," Stefan said.

"Let go of me, Stefan," Elena demanded.

"Elena, do you think I want to be a senior for the 100th time?" Stefan asked, glaring down at her. "No. I don't have a choice in the matter. And neither do you," He said. Rosemary shook her head. He practically repeated what she had earlier said.

"I said, let go of me," Elena demanded again.

"Let her go," A stranger said. Stefan seemed annoyed just by looking at him. But he obeyed anyways which surprised Rosemary. What didn't surprise her was Stefan shoving the man against a locker.

"Stefan, stop it," Elena said, but Stefan didn't seem to ever hear her. Rosemary looked around and saw kids staring at the strange scene unfolding before them. Some of them even pulled out their phones to videotape the whole thing. She sighed before pinching Stefan on the arm, causing him to wince.

Stefan took this as a warning from Rosemary, but he didn't let go just yet.

"You're not going to get in my way. You hear me?" Stefan asked. "I will see you both in history." Stefan said with a smile before patting the stranger on the chest and walking off.

   Rosemary didn't know what to do, so she simply followed him.

<><><><><><>

looking back at things, this was one hell of an unnecessary chapter.