Part 2 - Ball Breaker

"You seem strangely happy..." Weiss cocked an eyebrow at Blake, who hadn't stopped smiling since she rejoined the group.

The stage opened up. Forest filled half of the arena. A single mountain filled the other, with a thundercloud sat atop it, spraying lighting out occasionally as the thunder echoed ominously through the stadium.

"Team JNPR of Beacon versus team BRNZ of Shade!" Oobleck cried out excitedly over the speakers. Shade was the academy of Vaccuo, located far to the west of Vale.

The four members of BRNZ: Brawnz, the purple eyed, purple clothed, black haired, claw wielding leader; Roy, the dark skinned, green wearing wrist saw user; Nolan, the pale skinned cattle prod wielder, with messy dark red hair and the final member May Zedong. May was the only girl of the team, she wielded a sniper rifle that looked far too big for her. A beanie hat covered her head and her left eye, her red and white striped hoodie made her stand out - not the best idea for a sniper.

As the members of BRNZ readied themselves, JNPR got serious. They readied their weapons. Jaune's eyes narrowed on his opponents. Pyrrha had been training him to fight, this was his chance to show her... the world... but most of all himself that he could fight - that he belonged on the team.

"I'll... tell you about it later" Blake smiled, prompting an annoyed groan from Weiss. The crowd watched impatiently, waiting for the countdown.

"JOHN!" Nerisa waved her teammate over "You almost missed the beginning! Where were you!?" she removed her bag from the seat next to her, allowing John to sit.

"No Daryun?" the cat faunus scanned the nearby seats for signs of the sickly hunter.

"Nope, he said he had some important stuff to do... and Nume's milking his injuries at the medical station..." she sighed "apparently the nurse is 'hot'.... ugh....men...".

"Pyrrha Nikos... huh? This should be good" John sat forward in his seat, getting hyped for the battle.

"Three!" Peter started the countdown, his voice booming through the stadium. The cheers intensified.

"Two!"

Ruby screamed at the top of her lungs, cheering on her friends.

"ONE!"

The two teams glared at each other, deciding their individual opponents.

"BEGIN!"

A bleep sounded the start of the battle. The teams rushed at each other, closing into melee range fast - leaving May to fall back unchallenged as she fled into the forest, searching for a vantage point.

Brawnz landed the first blow - aiming straight for Pyrrha. She was a champion - a legend of the arena. She was the biggest threat and Brawnz knew they had to take her down fast.

*clang*

His metal claw weapons hit Pyrrha's shield harmlessly. The purple leader swore, he was certain his attack wouldn't miss! But he had no time to question what had happened.

Pyrrha swung her weapon, still in its sword form. She delivered a powerful vertical slice, which was narrowly blocked by Brawnz as he forced her blade between his claws. The purple hunter had just enough time to land a knee into her before Pyrrha broke free and swung at her opponent horizontally - forcing him to back off.

May, meanwhile, had found the perfect spot - atop a tree in the forest. She would have a commanding view of the battlefield and be able to pick the enemy combatants off while they were engaged in a brawl.