Part 9 - Stumble Before The Fall

"YEAH!!!! TEAR HER APART PYRRHA!!!" Nora screamed as loud as she could from the front row seats of the stadium. The crowd roared as the red haired fighter and orange haired robot entered the arena. Of course no one knew Penny was a robot, except for Ruby... and Cinder's team.

Nora turned to Ren expectantly.

"Y-Yaay..." his mind was absolutely not on the fight. He was too busy pouring over a recent memory-

His hand felt warm.

Nora held it tightly as she leant on him. "T-This isn't weird, right? I mean it's weird, but not weird, right?"

"W-Well... I mean... we kissed-" Ren panicked, struggling for the words. Nora had indeed taken him to the 'funfair' - the funfair in her mouth. It was Ren's first kiss, and it was amazing... even though she tasted like vomit. But his mind was conflicted - this was Nora, his childhood friend after all... he didn't know how he really felt.

"I KNOW!" the orange crazy girl smiled, blushing slightly. She quickly changed the subject "Oooh! This fight is gonna be exciting!! I can feel it!"

Ozpin looked out of the window. It would be dark soon... very soon.

He poured himself his 35th cup of coffee that day and burnt himself as he took a large gulp. His eyes darted to the holographic display over his desk. The fight was about to start. The headmaster leaned back in his chair.

Pyrrha stared at the ground. She felt awful. She didn't want to fight... she needed to apologise to Jaune...

She scanned the crowd searched for him.

Her bronze armour was particularly dull today. She didn't feel like polishing it. The chest plate clung tightly to her waist and followed the curves of her body as it stopped just above her breasts, leaving her bare shoulders fully visible. Long black gloves extended from just above her elbows to the tips of her fingers, with a bronze arm-guard on her left forearm. A very short, black miniskirt stopped just below her panties, but red cloth tied around her waist kept everything where it should be. Long thigh-high bronze armoured boots extended down her bare legs and ended with high heels. A small, circular, bronze shield sat on her back. It hung over her red weapon - still in its sword form. A bronze circlet wrapped around her head, holding her long red hair in place. Her pony tail flapped slightly in the breeze. Her green eyes squinted at the crowd, struggling at this distance. "... I wonder if I need glasses?" she sighed.

"Salutations friend!" Penny waved at her opponent. Her hair was a vibrant orange, it was short and curly. Her piercing green eyes seemed to light up in excitement. After this fight she would get a chance to see her friend - Ruby! She had been looking forward to this for days. A long grey blouse clung tightly over her flat frame, with a slightly darker grey dress sat over the top. It had green markings on it and looked very typical of an Atlesian solder - plain and boring. Her green and black collar matched the green on her dress and the black of her thigh high stockings, which almost seemed to merge into thick black combat boots - with more green decoration. Finally a pink bow sat behind her head.

"It's an honour to finally meet you" Penny smiled.

"Save it..." Pyrrha glared. "You are not my friend." she mumbled.

Mercury stood opposite Ruby. He licked his lips. "Y'know, I normally go for types like your sister - you know, dumb bimbos with more boobs then sense. But today, I feel like trying something a little different...".