Vacuums

Is she okay? What is she thinking?

"You rode your bike here?" Olivia asked him.

"Well, I mean, you took my car" Elliot replied. They both laughed. 

"I haven't seen you ride that since-" Olivia paused to think. "I cant remember."

"Well I just grew out of it." He looked at her as they walked back to Elliot's car. "You could have woken me up."

"I didn't want to wake you." She said as she continued with her taco. 

"Wait, what about your bike?" Olivia said when they reached Elliot's car. 

"I'll just come back and get it later." 

~~~

The sound of the car keys hit the table as Elliot tossed them when they walked through the door. Elliot opened the fridge door, "See, there is food." He grabbed out a piece of cold pizza from the box and brought it to his mouth. Olivia laughed at him. She went to sit in the living room and he stayed in the kitchen. 

Does she know what happened? Does she remember? Is she okay? 

He stands in the kitchen and leans back against the wall watching her. Olivia walks into the living room and sits down on the couch. She turns on the television and flips through the channels. He stands looking and wondering if she is okay. He has seen so many women after their assaults and he doesn't understand why she is okay. 

Shouldn't she be different? Shouldn't she be hurting? I mean, is it good that she is okay or is it bad? 

"Why is there nothing good on during the day?'

"I honestly do not know."

"It's like all talk shows and soap opera's" she said with the remote in hand. He laughed and walked to the sink to wash his hands. He walked into the living room to sit next to her. He wrapped his arm around her and held her tight. She nestled her head into his shoulder. She stopped switching the channels on QVC. 

"You know I ever understood these people." Elliot told her while they watched a man and woman try and sell a vacuum.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, when they are little are they thinking, 'I want to be a vacuum salesman when I grow up.'" They both laugh

"Or a saleswoman."

"Yes, or a saleswoman." He repeats.

"They probably grew up and thought, 'wow I can get some serious discounts for home necessities if I sell them using my face.'"

"Okay that's probably true." He agrees. 

"But I do want that vacuum."

"Yeah me too." They both pause and stare at the television. Elliot quickly grabs the phone. "What color do you want?"

"Blue! I want blue!"

"Okay, one blue and one silver vacuum coming right up!" 

Olivia's smile grows from ear to ear. "Thank you so much!"

"Anything for you."

Olivia snuggles down deeper into Elliot's chest.