Chapter One

~Alexis' point of view~  

     I woke up abruptly to the sound of my alarm clock ringing notifying me that I was already 10 minutes late for school on my very first day. I groaned and plopped out of bed, shivering as the cold September air hit me. I started trying to tidy up the mess that is my hair.

I quickly put on some converse, a pair of skinny jeans and a tee,trying to make myself look presentable. After I said farewell to my parents, I litterally sprinted out of the house hoping that I hadn't missed my bus.

After ten minutes of walking I finally made it to my new high school , and managed to only get lost once. I had my eyes glued to my map of the school as I tried to make my way to my first class; English. It took me about an extra five minutes to navigate my way around the winding halls and I ended up being a total of 25 minutes late.

"Great first impression huh?" I whispered to myself as I rounded a corner and spotted the door to my English class.

 As I walked in I could feel everyone's stares practically burning holes in my skin. "Well I believe you must be Mrs.Emmerstone" a man that I presumed was in his forties stated monotonely.

I nodded my head as he began speaking again."Being late will certainly not raise your grade Mrs.Emmerstone I hope you know that," he said sounding a bit on edge, "you're going to have to sit with Jade over there" he gestured to the only empty seat in the class.

I glanced over and saw the seat I would be sitting in was right next to an astoundingly pretty girl, that had a tattoo-clad body and a shiny gold nose ring. "Jade will be your personal tour guide, to ensure that you are never late to my class again" the man snapped as I sat down next to Jade.

"Hey sorry.. Mr.Jones can be a dick.As you know, I'm Jade" the girl whispered over to me as the man 'Mr.Jones' continued the speech I had apparently interrupted.

I looked up at her and smiled as I whispered back "Nice to meet you, I'm Alexis." She nodded and spoke quietly "Haha yeah we all know who you are, our school makes sure to inform everyone of any new-"

Jade was cut off by Mr.Jones squinting over at our tables and shushing us for once again interrupting his speech.

The rest of the day went by in a blur until we finally reached lunchtime. Jade had guided me to her table to sit with her due to the fact that I hadn't made many friends yet.

As we sat down I noticed a tall boy sit himself down opposite me,followed by four of his friends.He looked like Jade, with tattoos and piercings covering his body. The only thing that seemed pure were his bright green eyes. I scanned his face finding that he wasn't bad looking, and his tassled brown curls framed his face nicely.

"What're you looking at?" He snapped harshly and I realized I had been staring.His thick accent indicated that he definitely wasn't from Chicago.

"I-I um nothing." I quickly stuttered. I heard him snicker and begin talking to Jade. "Who's she and why's she here?" He asked sounding annoyed. I frowned slightly and thought to myself , does he already hate me? I dont even know this weirdo.

 I had made up my mind that if he could have prejudice towards me, so could I.

"I'm Alexis. I'm here because Jade's been showing me around today and I wanted to sit with her." I bit back. He smirked and replied "Are you sure it's not because you have no friends?" I heard myself gasp, why was he being such a jerk?

"Harry shut up, she's new here, of course she hasn't made many friends yet" Jade finally spoke up and threw a carrot from her salad at Harry. He brushed it off and continued to pester me, asking why I had no friends and making rude remarks in general.

Jade finally had enough of it and we got up to go sit somewhere else, leaving Harry looking accomplished as he began conversing with his friends.

"So now you've met Harry" Jade says rolling her eyes, "He's usually not as much of a dick, but I guess since you're fresh meat he's going for the kill." She said nonchalantly.

My eyes widened and I looked back at him and the other boys, finding that he was staring at me menacingly.

"Who're the other guys around him?" I asked trying to brush off Harry's creepy stare.

"Oh, they're his gang" Jade snickered "They're really not that bad but everyone around here seems to be afraid of them". I looked around the cafeteria and for the first time I noticed that everyone did seem to be avoiding all contact with them whatsoever.

I looked up at her and out of curiosity asked why. "Well to be honest, I don't know. I guess people just don't like the 'punk look' they have and all the fights they get in."She replied, rolling her eyes while saying 'Punk look'.

But... fights? Harry did look like a tough guy however I couldn't picture him beating the shit out of anyone for some reason. 

 ~ Harry's Point of view ~

I stare intently at the new girl as her and Jade are quietly conversing about god know's what.

I notice a flicker of fear in her big brown chocolatey eyes and can't help but wonder what they could be talking about to make her scared. She twirls her long auburn hair between her fingers nervously, and I find myself analyzing every move she makes.

Lexis looks up at me and as her eyes meet mine she flinches away, so I'm the one who scares her? I feel a twinge of guilt, however I'm glad I frighten her. Everyone around here fears me, so why should she be any different? I grin to myself and stand up, ready to go irritate her some more.

Alexis glances up at me as I walk towards her, the look of fear replaced by annoyance. So she doesn't want me being around her? I thought to myself and smirked, well that's going to be added to my list of things to start doing.

I sit down next to Jade and pretended to disregard Lexis. "Jade are you still coming to the party on Friday?" I quizzed, briefly looking at Alexis to study her expression.

 "Course I am Haz," Jade stated excitedly "you should come Lexis it would be fun!" she squealed. I let out a low chuckle, "Oh I don't think she'll fit in. Little miss perfect wouldn't want to hang out with hooligans like us" I replied, amusement clear in my voice.

Alexis bravely gave me a look as if to say 'Try me' and plastered a fake smile onto her face. "Actually Jade, I would love to go!" she exclaimed and my grin quickly faded into a scowl. 

          No way is she going to that stupid party.