Chapter Five

~Alexis' Point Of View~

I kept walking until I hit the cafeteria. I spotted Jade and pulled her into the bathroom with me, despite her protests.

My head was swimming and I just couldn't process how Harry could be so rude for no reason.

"Lexis, what's wrong, did something happen?" Jade spoke, looking concerned with my silence.

"He's terrible. I just. I couldn't do it." I was unable to speak.

Jade looked completely confused and tried to comfort me by pulling me into a hug, "Alexis! Speak! What couldn't you do?"

The feelings of hurt flooding through me, quickly turned into anger.

"It was Harry. He's such a ... he's a dick!" I said, trying to find words to describe Harry's rude actions.

"I've never done anything to him! We have to do some stupid drama assignment together and I tried to be polite by giving him my number! And he was... well he was his usual self!" I cried, unable to stop my 'endless rambling' as Harry put it.

"And I swore the next time he was rude to me that I would say something back! But I just couldn't. He's so intimidating you know?" I spoke, trying to catch my breath, calming down a bit.

"Aww Lexis it's not your fault!" Jade cooed, trying to soothe me, "Harry's always been a dick, it's nothing personal love."

Jade was really surprising me by how nice she was being. The only other person that was able to comfort me like this was Michelle.

I calmed down a few moments later, realizing I had overreacted.. Who cares if Harry was a dick.. that's just how he is.

After we finish this assignment, I swear I'll never speak to him again.

I quickly got up and composed myself, planning on entering the lunchroom as if nothing happened. However, Jade seemed to have a different idea.

She grabbed my wrist and swiftly dragged me over to where Harry's gang was sitting. I glanced up at her, my face probably looking terrified.

What the hell was she doing..? If Harry shows up who know's what he'll say next.

Jade pulled me down with her as she sat down next to the darker skinned boy of the gang, and I sat next to a quite handsome lad with blonde hair and vibrant blue eyes.

Within the first two minutes of their conversation Jade was already handing the dark skinned boy, "Zayn" as they called him, her number.

Whats the point of bringing me here if she's just going to talk with Zayn?

I turned to look at the blonde boy, and having no other option, attempted to actually socialize with him.

"Hey.. I-I'm Lexis" I stuttered, well apparently talking to attractive boys is my weakness. I gave him a faltering smile as I tried to hide my embarrassment.

"Hello love, my name's Niall" He said brightly, completely ignoring my stutter. "You have lovely eyes Lexis." He stated matter-o'-factly.

I gasped a little at his blunt statement. He seemed genuinely sweet, despite his tatoos and piercings that made him look a bit scary.

"Thank you" I muttered, not being able to come up with anything better to say. GREAT LEXIS, you're SOOO not being awkward.

As if sensing my uncomfortableness, Niall changed the subject to food.

"So Lexis, do you like cheeseburgers?" he questioned excitedly.

I looked up at him quizically, " Uh yeah I guess.. why?" "That's great! I know this amazing place that serves the best burgers. We should go this Friday!" he exclaimed.

Niall seems to really be into his food I thought and laughed internally.

He also seems like a great guy.. and it's not like it is a date.. just a friendly dinner right?

"Sure! My number is-" I began, but abruptly stopped speaking as Niall was hauled off of his seat and fell to the ground.

"What the..?" I glanced up and saw the curly haired boy, furiously glaring at both Niall and I.

What the Hell!Did he really just do that to Niall? " What's your problem?!" I shouted trying to defend him. He had done nothing to Harry, which doesn't seem like an issue for him when it comes to starting fights.

Curly ignored me and began shouting at Niall , "You're not going anywhere with her. End of story." he said and furiously stormed out of the room.

I glared over at Jade, about to acuse her of bringing me here, even though she knew Harry was bound to show up and continue ruining my day.

However, I was stopped by the excited look she had on her face. Why would she be excited about Harry being a dick again. Not cool.

I was pulled away back to the bathroom by Jade "Alexis! Did you see that!" she squealed " Harry was totally jealous. "

I laughed at the mere thought. Yeah, Harry Douchebag Styles was jealous of Niall asking me to go out to eat with him.

He has absolutely no reason to be jealous, Jade was just being delusional.

"Yeah right, he hates me, he obviously just wanted to ruin everything." I said, pacing around the bathroom.

"You know what, if that wasnt enough proof for you, why don't you go ask him yourself why he did that?"

I ignored her question and asked my own. " Wait, you act like you were expecting this to happen?" I questioned. Was she up to something?

"Well let's put it this way, we all know Niall's been crushing on you.. And I knew he would try to ask you out today.." She trailed off

"Sooooo all I had to do was wait for Harry to walk in at some point and if he pounded Niall's face in then I would know he likes you!" she explained, sounding like a child devising a plan to rob a candy store.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. Yeah well now I'm stuck having music class with an angry Harry.

I still don't buy the fact that Harry is jealous. Maybe I should take Jade's advice and ask him myself.

********

~Harry's Point Of View~

I kept walking until I reached the bleachers on the football field, and sat underneath one.

What the fuck!? I knew Niall had a thing for her but I had specifically told him not to touch her yesterday.

Niall and the lads, including myself, have habits of hooking up with girls and leaving them brokenhearted after no longer than a week. No way was she allowed to be one of those girls.

An unfamiliar feeling coursed through my veins. Is that jealousy?

Of course not. But if Niall hooked up with her, it'd ruin our reputation. That's all.

I glared at the ground and punched the side of the metal bleachers. Of course Niall had to be nice to her just to make me look like a douche.

I just want to keep her safe . I mean. Keep our reputation safe.

Zayn's dating some slut named Becca, Liam Louis and I constanly have girls thrown at us, which is too amazing to give up for some stupid girlfriend.

Niall and Zayn are the only ones who think they can actually maintain a relationship, but Niall has yet to find his potential mate.

And I'll be damned if that's Lexis.