*~* one *~*

I just wanted to clear some things up.

Kirsten and I are American, so terms like tho he and football mean different things to us. I'm trying to write to the boys' perspectives, so I apologize in advance for any mistakes I make. Like British Football to me is soccer Okay, just wanted to explain.

And this book will be written in short chapters :) ~Claire

___________________

Ashton walked down the street, hugging his books to his chest and blowing a curl out of his face, it looking into his green and white flower crown.

He sighed as he heard footsteps run behind him, rolling his eyes in annoyance. "Three...two...one..." He whispered to himself, before dropping to his knees. Something soared over him, missing him completely.

He stood, hearing multiple groans and a few snickers. Ashton sighed, dusting himself off and looking at the, now egged, sidewalk.

Every week, on a random day, the punks targeted Ashton and tired to pick on the smaller boy, like throwing eggs at him or beating him up.

They never succeeded.

Ashton jogged over to his normal stop, waiting for his step-brother. He glanced over at the punks, who were surrounding three cars and smoking.

"No way in hell am I ever gonna befriend any of them." He mumbled under his breath, fingers fiddling with the ends of the sleeves on his oversized sweater, giving him sweater paws.

He did wonder, though, one didn't seem as bad as the others.

Somehow, Ashton knew when, where, and what the punks were planning, and could avoid the incident before it started.

Luke didn't know how he did it.

"How does that little flower child always avoid our pranks," Michael huffed, snatching Calum's cigarette box and lighting it up, "I don't get it."

Luke shrugged, also puzzled. "Maybe Ashton got so used to it, he just learned to sense it." He thought aloud. Calum's face liting hung up.

"He's a secret superhero!" He exclaimed, Michael rolling his eyes and slapping Calum in the back of his head. Calum whined, rubbing the sore spot.

To say Calum wasn't the brightest yellow crayon in the box wasn't exactly accurate. He's smart, he just loses it sometimes and acts like a five-year-old.

Luke snarled as he saw Ashton meet up with his step-brother, Alex. Alex was the captain of the football team, and had a hard kick. That's why the punks and jocks stayed away from each other.

It's like fighting fire with fire; you only get bigger flames.

Little did anyone know, Ashton would soon be the water.

___________________

Yes, Alex as in Alex Gaskarth