*fourteen*

Either one more chapter then the epilogue or just the epilogue idk yet

Also, you guys are making Alex and Rian seem like the bad guys. I'm gonna clear this up: Alex is a bit protective but he's okay with Luke and Ashton being together. Rian adored it since the beginning and is one of Ashton's best friends, who's dating Alex.

Jack is bad and it will be explained in this chapter. Sorry to all the Jack Barakat fans, you'll probably throw your phone at the wall or cry. Or both.

Probably both.

-----------

Ashton had gotten a day of suspension for punching Michael and Michael had gotten detention for bullying Luke. 

Ashton never thought that he'd be happy about punching someone; it wasn't his nature. But, he was and he didn't regret it; he'd do it again if he could. He really hated Michael and he wasn't going to let some bully pick on Luke.

Alex had been pretty pissed when he learned that Ashton had punched someone, and was even more pissed when he learned that he had been suspended. But, then he heard the story and he was pretty pissed at Michael for making Ashton punch him and get him suspended.

Ashton had come back after his suspension with his head held high, and happily greeted Luke at his locker, that was now technically theirs since Luke put basically everything of his in it.

Other than his cigarettes. He didn't want Ashton getting into those.

They kissed and parted their ways to class, only to have Ashton bump into Calum. The Kiwi immediately went bright red and quickly muttered apologies, trying to dust off Ashton's shirt.

Ashton giggled, moving his hands away as he held his books with one arm. "It's okay, Cal," he smiled, "No harm done." Calum smiled awkwardly

"Luke talked to me," he said quietly, rubbing his arm, "Thanks for that, you know, telling him to give me a chance. I hate what Michael's doing but he'll practically break me in half if I say something."

Ashton frowned. "I'm sorry he's so mean," he told him sympathetically, "You really don't deserve that." Calum shrugged, smiling weakly. "It's okay," he dismissed, "I-I'm used to it. Michael's hated Luke since the Jack incident."

Ashton furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would Michael hate Luke for the death of Luke's brother?"

But Calum shook his head, "Not Jack Hemmings' death. Jack Barakat's, Michael and Luke's ex."

Ashton's eyes widened slightly, "Oh." Calum nodded as the bell rang. He went to leave, but Ashton held him back. "I'll be late," he said sternly, "What happened with Michael and Luke?"

Calum hesitated, before replying. "Luke and Jack dated for about six months before Jack left him for Michael," he explained, "Two days after that, Luke's brother committed suicide. Luke was a mess. He wanted Michael's help, since they were friends at the time.

He went over to Michael's house, only to see he wasn't there. So, he went to Jack's. Only, he didn't see Jack and Michael, he saw Jack and Alex, your brother."

Ashton's pupils flew to maximum dilation. 

"They were going at it. Clothes on the floor, screaming each other's names, Luke was pissed," Calum went on, "So, he confronted Jack about it the next day and Jack picked a fight with him. They took it outside and didn't come back for the rest of the day."

Calum paused, looking even more hesitant than before. "Calum," Ashton spoke, "What happened?"

Calum's eyes softened and his shoulders slumped. "Luke wasn't at school the next day. He was gone for a week, and when he finally went back to school, it wasn't pretty. Not at all.