*~* two *~*

I'll try to make short chapters, but add a good amount of them in the book, since most of you like multiple short chapters ~Claire

___________________

Ashton walked to the library after another day of school, wearing a blue and pink flower crown.

To his surprise, he saw the blonde haired punk -- he'd learned his name was Luke, thanks to Alex -- sitting in a chair as he flipped through a book, feet kicked up on the table, smoking.

There was no smoking allowed in the library, but Ashton found it amusing.

Luke always breaks the rules and the enforcers were always too scared of him to tell him off, Ashton may have hated the punks, but he couldn't bring himself to hate Luke.

Hugging his books and binders to his chest, he bit his lip and approached the punk.

Luke heard slow footsteps, but didn't look up from the book. The guys had gone out partying, and didn't want to go to school with a hangover.

He could always ditch, but that means detention. He'd skip detention, but he'd have to make it up by doing some kind of work, and Luke was just too lazy to do that,

Luke looked up, fixing his beanie as he balanced the cigarette with his lips. He looked at Ashton, expecting him freeze in his place, to scream, to run.

But to his surprise, he smiled.

Luke raised an eyebrow expectantly. Ashton never was really social, so he was clueless as to see that Luke didn't want company, so proceeded to walk closer.

"Hi," he said quietly, "I, uh, I was wondering if you wanted someone to sit with you?" Luke scoffed. "Why don't you take a long walk off a-" Luke was about to finish, but something told him not to.

So, he hit his lip and sat up, moving his legs down and pulling out a chair. "Sure." Ashton grinned, his dimples popping out, making Luke's lips tug into a small, fond smile.

Ashton sat down, putting his books onto the table. His eyes glanced at the book Luke was reading, seeing it was on guns and weapons.

Ashton gulped thickly, but didn't say anything. "You really shouldn't smoke," he commented, eyeing the cigarette Luke was still smoking, "It's unhealthy for you."

Luke simply scoffed, puffing a ring of smoke into Ashton's face. Ashton coughed, waving the gray air away.

"Didn't your mother tell you not to talk to strangers?" Luke questioned, knowing Ashton's family despised Luke.

"Yeah, but you seem innocent enough for me to talk to you." Ashton replied simply.

"I have a lip ring and tattoos," Luke pointed, raising an eyebrow, "How does this seem innocent?"

And Ashton simply replied with, "I don't know."

___________________

I need to learn the definition of short

Trying to maneuver from seven page chapters to two-three page chapters

~Claire