*~* eleven *~*

I've got nothing to say but sorry

~

Ashton was worried.

It's usual for Luke to skip a class or two, maybe even a day or two, but never a week. Alex told him not to worry, and when that didn't work, he lost hid temper and told Ashton that Luke had ditched him for someone better.

Ashton didn't believe him, but he was hurt that his brother would say such things, even thought he knows Ashton practically loved Luke.

Walking into the cafeteria, he spotted Michael and his friends smoking by the cracked-open doors. He hesitantly walked over, the group staring at Ashton like he just murdered someone.

"Hi," he squeaked, clearing his throat, "Uh, you're friends with Luke, right?" Michael gave him a blank stare, making the honey-blonde shuffle on his feet. "L-Luke hasn't been at school," he continued, "And he hasn't answered any calls or texts."

"We saw Luke this morning," Michael scoffed, "He's sick." Ashton looked at him skeptically. "His phone's been dead all week then?" He asked sarcastically. Michael glared at him, throwing the cigarette on the ground and stomping on it, getting in Ashton's face.

"I don't like your attitude." He growled. Ashton gulped in fear, mumbling an apology and backing up slightly. Michael leaned back on the window, chuckling at Ashton. "Isn't it obvious," he sneered, "He's only been hangin' around you cause he's too soft to say he doesn't like you."

Ashton gulped, trying not to believe what they're saying. He looked around, seeing the smirks and snarls of the other group members, but his eyes fell on Calum, who was looking down at the ground. He hadn't said a word since Ashton came over.

Ashton turned and walked away, going into the bathroom. He waited, before Calum snuck in. He said nothing and handed a slip of paper into Ashton's hand. He looked into the hazel eyes he knew Luke loved and nodded, before disappearing into the flood of students.

-

Ashton took the bus farther than usual today. He got off at the stop that was written on the paper and pulled his hood up, seeing the house in view. As he approached the house, he noticed the skateboards and stuffed penguin on the porch.

The door was slammed open and Ashton jumped into the bushes, wincing as the sharp leaves cut up his arms. He saw Michael storm away and get into his car, before speeding off. Ashton emerged from the shrubs and rushed inside.

"Luke," he called frantically, "Luke!? It's Ashton. Luke?" He ran around the house until he came across a room with quiet grunting. "Luke?" Ashton panicked, running in and gasping at what he saw.

Luke was hunched over in the corner of his room, bruised, bleeding, and barely breathing. And what was near his nose?

Michael's cigarette.

He knew it was Michael's because it was extra long; he doesn't like them going out so fast.

Ashton threw himself at Luke, calling an ambulance and holding Luke's cold hand, trying to talk to the person on the phone and keep the boy he loved breathing.

Ashton could feel the slight grip, reminding him as he spoke that Luke was still there, but every so often, it loosened, and by the time the paramedics arrived, Luke's hand was dropped completely.

Ashton just didn't know is he was dead or alive.