Chapter Nineteen: Busted

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello fans! Chapter Nineteen is here! Enjoy!!

Dedication for this Chapter Goes To: Bevyndou

Another one of my awesome readers who added my story to her library. It's amazing when people do that (:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Nineteen:

  Have you ever just sat in the dark? No, I'm serious. You just sit there talking about what you just found on the computer you just hacked into? Wait, you've never done that? What kind of world do we live in?

   A crazy one, that is. The three of us, Kate, Alyce, and I, were sitting in the dark in the locked room. The computer was still making a soft whirl noise. Were we suppose to turn it off? Alyce shrugged her shoulders.

  After being in the room for awhile, it was started to smell dusty. It's possible to smell dust. It burns your nostrils and gives you a headache.

"Think we should go?" I fragmented.

"I don't know..." Alyce shrugged once again.

"Ah," I got up, dusting myself off, "I think we should."

"I don't think you're going anywhere." a voice came out of no where.

I looked around the room, seeing nothing darker than the room itself.

"It's one of those scary movies where this happens." Alyce whispered in my ear and I snickered.

"What's so funny?" the mysterious voice came out again.

  I cleared my throat. A light source entered the room. Most likely a flashlight. Footsteps were louder as they got closer, as was my heart. Hopefully it was just a bunch of teenagers messing around.

  Yeah, my luck wasn't that great. A guy, probably in his mid-forties, walked in with the flashlight underneath his chin like he was telling a ghost story.

"Don't you need that to see where you're going?" I asked sarcastically.

I guess the guy didn't get it.

"I created this;I know where I'm going."

"Dude, ever heard of a thing called 'sarcasm'?" Kate sarcastically.

He didn't get that either.

"Yes, I've heard of-"

"I was being sarcastic!" Kate yelled.

With the flashlight underneath his face, I could see his frustration.

"What are you doing here anyways?" he spat.

I didn't want to be truthful and just say, 'Oh, we were just hacking into your computer'. One of us had to come up with a lie-fast. The man's eyes darted towards the turned-on-computer. Too late.

"I don't remember this being on..." he said slowly and wiggled the mouse.

The computer screen came alive and he looked at us.

"I think I already know what you're doing here."

"Uh-um-no, we-er-we weren't looking at your computer."