Chapter Twenty-Six: Spinning

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi. Is my story getting boring? Today (Oct. 17), I saw my reads go down a hundred. From 2,427 to 2,375. It kind of added to my already suckish day, but oh well.

Dedication for This Chapter: Jaydahorse

By now, you probably know that most or all of my dedications are of my readers. Since my story is becoming a bit more popular, I can't dedicate everyone. If I do see that you have added my story to your library, I will start to list it, instead of dedicating, as I have dedications all the way to Chapter Thirty-Seven. I don't even know if my story will go that far. Anyways, back to this Dedication: Jaydahorse. After my long speech, you know why I dedicated this fellow Wattpadder, yes? No? She added my story to her library, and I flippin' love that! Thank you Jaydahorse!

Enjoy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Twenty-Six:

  The distant sound of knocking woke me up from my deep sleep. The sunlight filled my eyes. I covered my eyes and stretched out at the same time. The knocking continued. I looked up at the door of the room we were sleeping in, which was closed.

  I rolled out of bed and opened it to see if possibly Alyssa was knocking the door. Nope. No one. I shuffled downstairs like a zombie, still tired. Alyssa was already downstairs, reading a book.

"Do you hear someone knocking on the door?" I asked, thinking I was crazy.

Alyssa didn't hear me.

"Alyssa?"

No answer.

"Alyssa!" I yelled.

She looked up startled and took out her...earbuds.

"Yeah?"

I pointed to the door, "Someone is knocking on the door."

"Oh, must've not heard it because of my music." She smiled.

"Want me to get it?" I asked.

"Sure, if you want."

"Someone's knocking on the door." I heard Alyce say as she walked downstairs.

"I know Alyce; I'm getting the door." I shuffled over to the door and unlocked the three locks.

I fumbled with the door knob while the knocking continued.

"Will you stop knocking, I'm getting there!" I yelled through the door.

  The knocking stopped. I finally got the stupid doorknob to turn and I pulled back the door. It wouldn't open. I groaned outloud. I was becoming frustrated with this door.

"Oh, dear, you have to push outwards." Alyssa said.

I laughed at myself. I pushed the door outwards and it opened.

"What do you want?" I asked, not knowing if anyone is even there.

I heard whispering, but couldn't understand it.

"You're going to have to speak louder." I said, not looking up still.

More whispering, and I looked up.

"Ahh!" I cried and jumped back.

  I reached for the doorknob that was about two feet from me. I felt the smooth metal in my hand and started to slam it back. The door stopped an inch from closing. I looked down. The person's foot was placed between the door and the trim.