Chapter 6

I woke up, longing for the arms that used to be around me. I was going soft, something my Dad would've punished me for. I heard the toilet flush and then the sink run. Soon after, Andre exited the bathroom and smiled when he saw me. "You're up late, we were supposed to start searching an hour ago." I jump up. "Calm down, we have two weeks, I doubt we missed much."

"I have to get ready." I tell him running to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and slip out of my clothes, quickly hopping into the shower and ignore the cold water. When I'm done with the shower I wrap a towel around myself. I blow dry my hair and when I'm done I realise I forgot to grab a change of clothes. I opened the door slightly and said, "Andre, I forgot to get a change of clothes, can you promise not to look at me?" I beg.

I heard him laugh as he called back, "I promise I won't look." I exited, making sure my towel was wrapped tightly around me. I grabbed an outfit from my bag and quickly went back to the bathroom.

"You can look now." I shout as I shut the door. I change into my outfit which was a red Shirt (above) and light blue cropped Jeans, then brush my teeth. I pull my hair into a ponytail before exiting the small room. Andre is standing at the window, obviously trying to find the perp. "You know there was another fire last night right?" I ask.
"You look beautiful." He breathes.
"You didn't answer me." I say trying to contain the flare of red that was no doubt dancing on my cheeks.
"Yes I did. That was close to here, I thought it would be a good idea to look near the location." He says.
"Let's go." I say. He nods jogs to my side, kisses my cheek before  pulling me out of the room. "Okay, you look to excited for this, maybe you should slow down and walk like a normal person?" I put emphasis on normal. He slows down. "We're supposed to be a couple on their honeymoon." I remind him. I fix our fingers so they're intertwined. "We have to look the part." I remind him.
"This feels more natural with you. My, uh, old partner, we would have to do the same things and it never felt right. I mean we were both getting over exes." He rambled.
"Stop rambling." I reprimand eyeing a door that opened down the hall. An older couple walked down the hall and Andre stopped, tensing at the same time. "Andrew?" I ask, since we were in the company of strangers.
"Andre, what are you doing here?" The older woman asks.
"Mom, please keep it down." He said quietly. Speeding up, my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest. "Could you follow us to our room?" He asks.
I squeezed his hand before leaning over and whispering to him, "We have a job to do."
He squeezed back and replied, "I know, but we can't have my parents talking about our location it would compromise us."
"We'll follow you dear." Andre's mom spoke up.  We lead her to our room where we shut the door. I stood by the window, looking for FireBane. "What are you doing in Rome with a girl no less and why do you have separate beds?" She quizzes.
"Mom, I never told you what I do for a living."