Chapter 8

After discovering the connection between the burned buildings, Commander Maier forced us to return. We arrived at the headquarters we were at before being sent to Rome. Automatically, we were directed to a conference room. "Sir!" Andre saluted when Maier walked in; I didn't salute.

"Might brave of you Agent Agrona." Maier told me setting a briefcase on the glass table in front of us. Andre elbowed me while in the 'At ease' stance. "Agents you're startling revelation you had about the connection. Agrona we need a list of all your prior clients." Maier tells me. He opens the briefcase and pulls out a folder and badge. "You didn't kill anyone, even if the mission was cut short you didn't break an order." He says handing me the badge and folder. Opening the folder, I glance at Andre before seeing my profile. 'Cleared' was printed in boldface on my picture.

"Thank you sir." I state. "I'll get my file on all my clients as soon as I can. Though you might not be able to find some."

"Why would that be?" Maier demands, raising an eyebrow in my direction.

"Some clients payed to have some of my prior clients terminated. I don't mark who I kill or for who just the clients." I state and feel Andre tense next to me. I look at him.

"I see, we'll cross reference your clients to see who is deceased." Maier says closing the briefcase. "You'll find your next assignment in your apartment." He tells Andre. Exiting the room, Maier doesn't look back. Andre wraps an arm around me and pulls me into a rough kiss.

"You're upset." I say firmly coming to a conclusion.

"I just, it's nothing, it's your past." He shakes his head.

"Andre, is this about me terminating clients sometimes for other clients?" I demand.

"Maybe." He mutters. I sigh walking away from his embrace. "It just bothers me that they trusted you enough to give you their information and then you killed them for some money?" He demands.

"It wasn't just money!" I shout, tears falling down my cheeks.

"What are you talking about?" He asks.

"Everyone who hired me knew my father. They knew him and knew he was searching for me, so it wasn't just money it was also protection by not telling him where I was." I tell him trying to calm myself down.

"I didn't know, I'm sorry." He says from behind me. Kissing my neck softly, he causes me to turn and kiss him. "I think it's time that we went to our apartment."

"Our?" I question.

"It's a requirement for my permanent home to be with my partner, and the home has to be an apartment in HQ." He says interlacing my fingers with his. "So will you allow me to show you the way even though we just had a little fight?" He inquires.

"Yes, you may." I giggle slightly. "We might need to make our way to my old home so we can get the files."

"After I finally show you my room." He says in my ear.

"You're showing me your room now?" I ask.