Chapter 3- Intruder

IF YOU LOVE ME, READ THE AUTHOR'S NOTE AT THE END. I SWEAR I WON'T BORE YOU WITH A POINTLESS BORING NOTE. ANYWAY, READ ON CUP CAKE!        

 My blood boiled and face flushed as I watched my mate wrap a towel around his body. It didn't help my mind when my eyes traveled to his manhood that poked through the fabric. Body built with desire for my mate, I turned my back to him as he proceeded to get dress.

"Why are you in my home naked?" I asked Luxe, itching to turn back around. I waited for a response, but instead felt a pair of arms circle around my waist. My body betrayed me as I relaxed into his embrace.

"Well, I wanted to see my mate, so I ran here in my wolf form. I didn't think you would mind me taking a shower in your temporary home," Luxe said as he nuzzled my neck. He feels so good. Can we keep him, please? Rayne sounded like she was in heaven. She no longer sounded bitchy like she was in the last hour as she lectured me about leaving our mate.

"What do you mean temporary, Alpha?" I asked, addressing him by his title. Alpha Luxe was my mate, but I was not going to bow down so easily. I was serious about wanting my own independence for a while. I've dreamt for years about experiencing this peace away from a pack and Luxe was not going to ruin my plans...yet.

"You think you're going to stay in this house for long?" he chuckled, turning my body to face him. "Little mate, that is where you went wrong. You will not be staying here long, especially by yourself. If I were an ordinary wolf, I would let you have your space and be patient, but I am not. I am an Alpha and you will be my Luna." I raised my eyebrow at his tone of voice.

"What if I don't want to be your Luna?" I spat, angered by his demanding Alpha tone. If we were to be mates, some kind of compromise needed to be made. I was not any walking she-wolf of his pack. We are supposed to be equals and I deserved to be heard and taken seriously.

"You don't have a choice, unless you reject me. The more the days past, the more we will want to be near each other and if you reject me, you will be hurting our wolves. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to do that little mate," Luxe said, placing a gentle kiss on my temple. I watched him as he pulled a pen and piece of paper out of his pants pocket. My mate scribbled something quick and handed it to me. "These are directions to the pack and my direct number. Call me if you need me and just want to talk." You better call him, too! I could tell Rayne was smirking because she could feel how our mate was making me feel.

Keeping all words to myself, I followed Luxe downstairs to the front door. Watching him walk just made my core burn with desire. I could see his muscles flex under the navy crewneck shirt he was wearing. My eyes were traveling down to his butt when he turned around and caught me.

"Were you checking me out?" smirked Luxe, folding his arms and leaning against my front door. I rolled my eyes; annoyed that I got caught.

"Why would I do such a thing?" I asked, pulling my hair off of my neck and into a ponytail. I couldn't tell if my hair was the reason I was burning up or the intense gaze Mr. Hot Mate has been giving me since I walked in on him earlier naked. It's definitely the gaze, said Rayne snickering.

"You don't have to deny it, babe. I've been checking you out since meeting you," said Luxe as his eyes turned black. His whole demeanor changed as he pulled himself from the door and stalked towards me. In an instant, I was pushed against the wall in the hallway while Luxe had me wrapped up in his arms.

"What if I marked you right now? Do you think you would be able to stop me, princess?" said Luxe in a voice deeper than I've been listening to for the past hour. He didn't seem like himself and I had no idea what was going on, but I was starting to get scared. I don't even know what being marked meant.

What does he mean? I asked Rayne.

I don't know. I know as much as you do. Maybe he is going to mark you with a marker like they do at the store with the big money at a cash register? Rayne replied confused. Sometimes I wonder what the hell I have her for. Shouldn't my wolf know more than I do so she can guide me in the right direction?

"What does it mean to be marked?" I asked confused. I searched Luxe facial expression as he blinked a few times and his eye color went back to normal. A color I could only call honey.

"Wait, you don't know anything about being marked? Then, what do you know about mating?" my mate asked me as he pulled me back to the front door, preparing to leave. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't know anything. I was never taught about mating," I mumbled as my vulnerable side peeked through. I hated not know a lot about mating, which was a big part of werewolf culture. I just knew that we were all destined to have a mate, otherwise known as a soul mate. Our dear goddess was in charge of pairing us all up with our loved ones. Other than that, I knew nothing.

"Ok, that isn't good. Tomorrow we will spend the day together and I will let you know all about mating, alright?" said Luxe as he caressed my cheek. I nodded and leaned into his palm, but snapped out of it quickly once I remembered our earlier conversation. "Ok little mate, I have to go and run a pack. Call me if needed and don't answer your door for anyone. See you in the morning."

Standing in the door way, I watched him run in his human form. I was proud to have such a strong, caring and gentle mate, but he seemed different when his eyes turned black. I would have to ask him about that tomorrow. Hopefully he isn't mentally deranged, said Rayne as I closed my door on my mate running into the woods.

---------------------------------

Author's Note

Hey guys! I know it wasn't long. My apologies, but I know I needed to put something out there and I don't feel it was as good as the first chapter, so again my apologies if you hate it. 

It has been a while since I first started NIMRA so I will tell you where i have been; working. WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK WORK, like Rihanna. I have been loving the things that I've been involved with and I also have been volunteering in Flint for the water crisis- technically it's part of my "job". 

If you are looking to come to Michigan to volunteer in Flint, hit me up in my inbox (because it goes down in the DM) and I'll let you know some information. 

Did you like the chappy? If so, comment, vote, share! 

Love, Peace, & Bern

//Yvni