Chapter 2

America POV:

I feel a pair of strong arms and the jostle of someone walking but I still can't see a thing. I feel myself being placed down onto something. But then the darkness comes and swallows me again.

I open my eyes, I have no idea where I am. I begin hyperventilating as I try to get up. I pair of hands try to hold me down, do they know who I am! I struggle and push against the hands, the one thought that is running through my head is, where is Maxon. I almost make it to the door when Maxon rushes through. I second I see him I start crying and he comes over and encases me in his arms. Now that I know that we are both safe I let the darkness take me again.

I wake up again but this time in our own room. I try saying something but the tube in my nose is stopping me. I reach up to pull out the tube but another hand grabs mine. I look up to see Maxon perfect face staring back into mine.

"Oh no you don't my dear." says Maxon

I ignore the, my dear. " What happened?" I croak

" You fainted and fell down the stairs, we brought you to the hospital wing where your heart almost stopped. The doctors say you only sustained minor injuries when you fell, but they want to run more tests to see what is causing you to faint." says Maxon with a worried look on his face.

I nod slowly trying to remember what happened.

" Maybe you just keep fainting because of my extreme good looks." jokes Maxon

I try to laugh but it hurts too much that I just let out a moan of pain.

" You, my dear, are under strict orders of the king, you are not allowed to leave this bed unless someone is with you. And if someone sees you out alone I will have to put guards inside this room to watch you when I am not here, is that understood." says Maxon with a stern look on his face.

I nod but hesitantly and think to myself, does he actually think I am going to listen.

"I have to go to my office, you get someone to come get me if you need anything." says Maxon

I nod again.

Maxon turns and leaves. As soon as I am sure he is not coming back I pull the tube out of my nose. I roll over and fall into a deep sleep.

I am jolted awake by the sound of the alarms sounding. The rebels are attacking. I jump out of bed, I think to myself, I have to find Maxon. I run down the hallways into the foyer. I don't even think about the fact that there might be rebels, I just keep running. I feel something hard connect with the back of my skull and I fall to my knees. A black bag goes over my head and I scream.

"You're coming with us your majesty." says the rebel.

I try to scream again but something connects with the back of my skull. And the darkness takes me again.