Chapter 14

America POV:

I wake up to see Maxon's face peering down at me, and a huge grin plastered on his face. I sit up, looking around and seeing the familiar setting of the Kings Suite, Maxon's room. I turn to face Maxon again and see him sitting down with his legs crossed like a child. With one wave of his hand, all the staff in the room leave.

" You were right, you little genius you, I am married to a little genius." Maxon sings

" What was I right about?"

" You are pregnant, America dear we are going to be parents!" I gasp, dropping the glass of water that I picked up during the conversation. I soak all the sheets under me, I scramble out of the sheets and try pulling the sheets off, but Maxon comes around the bed and pulls me by the hand to his side of the bed and settles me under the covers again.

" You need to rest now that you are pregnant, you have to protect the baby." I sigh and push the covers back and climbing out of bed.

" Just because I am pregnant does not mean I am going to faint or collapse by just going to the bathroom or walking down the hallway or even attending a meeting. When I am nine months pregnant and as big as a watermelon about to pop I will rest, but up to that point, I am going to function just as I did before, so stop trying to make me get back into this bed because I am not going to. I love you so much Maxon but I am not going to sit around like a doorstop." With that I walk to the bathroom and empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Maxon comes rushing into the bathroom and pulls my hair back, rubbing my back in slow reassuring circles until the heaves stop.

" Okay, maybe I will rest right now but this afternoon I am going right back to work." I choke out in between heaves. As Maxon helps me back to bed, I can see the smirk on his face. I climb back into bed and pull the covers up to my chin.

" You are so cute when you are angry." Maxon leans in and kisses my forehead. I grab the stack of papers on my nightstand and the pen, I snuggle in for a long day of work from the comfort of my bed.