Chapter 16

Americas POV:

"MAXON, SOMETHING IS WRONG, IT HURTS!" This time, he wakes up. He flings the covers off and rings the bell for the maid. I grab the covers again, pulling them back up so they cover everything except my eyes, I curl into a ball. The rush of footsteps come into the room and a pair of warm hands pull the covers back again. The face of Dr. Ashlar looks back at me. My nightdress is pulled up, cool jelly squirted on my belly and the ultra sound wand moves around to find the baby.

" The baby is fine, no miscarriage, I suspect that the pains were just cramps because of the pregnancy, I will subscribe you a medication to stop the cramps and the pain."

" So the pains will subside after a few minutes?" I mumble into the pillow wondering if someone heard.

" Don't worry they will subside." I curl back up into a ball and yank the covers from Maxon's hands to cover myself up again. The shuffling footsteps leave the room and fade into the hallway. Maxon lifts the covers gently on his side of the bed and crawls under. He pulls me into his arms and rubs gentle circles on my belly until I fall asleep.

The Next Morning...

" Marlee, what are you doing here? I scream as I race down the hallway and into her arms.

" Maxon called my last night and said that you might want someone here with you as your pregnancy continues." I squeal again and hug her tighter.

" Guard," I wave over the nearest guard." Can you tell a maid to bring some desserts and tea to the ladies room." I grab Marlee's hand and we run to the ladies room.

" Wait, there is something I have to tell you before we keep talking," I pause.

" What is it?"

" Carter and I are trying to have another baby," Marlee's voice is almost a whisper. I squeal again.