Chapter 9

America POV:

It has been weeks since I lost my children and I have only recently started getting my bearings back. At first, everyone treated me as thought I would shatter into a million pieces any second, and even though I felt like I would I still did not want people thinking that. After a lengthy argument with Maxon and the advisors, I was finally allowed to start working again. Working has become my therapy for the past few week, every time I thought I would break, I would take out my work and pour myself into it. Even though I have been back to work someone is always standing by to watch me, after the incident Maxon thought it was necessary. I had only lost it once and how it was as thought I was a child who needed a babysitter.

The Incident...

After days of waiting, I was finally allowed out of bed. I quickly decided a walk in the gardens alone would do me good. I dressed in a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt and slipped outside. As I strolled I saw the bench were Maxon and I first met. I sat down admiring the bench and all the memories it held. Then I remember that Maxon and I had sat here thinking of baby names. I quickly lost it. I took the flower pots and threw them as hard as I could, and tried as hard as I could to lift the bench to throw it. After hearing the commotion the guards tried to get me to stop, without hurting themselves or me. In the end, I was locked in my room for a few hours to calm down. But you don't calm down after loosing a child.

Back to the Present...

I prepare myself for dinner, I dress in a long navy gown and have my hair up in a tight bun. I head down the stairs with a guard walking beside me as my current "babysitter". I reach the dining hall and take my seat at the small two person table, for just me and Maxon. Maxon comes in late with stacks of papers in his hands. He hands the nearest maid the papers and she scurries off to put them in his study.

" Hard day at work?" I ask as the first course arrives.

"The only thing that got me through the day was thinking about you, my dear." he responds, I let the "my dear" thing slide just because I am not in the mood for arguing, even over something silly like this. We make small talk all through the main course, and as the maids come in with the dessert Maxon hands me a small box.

" A small gift for my beautiful Queen" says Maxon with a smile on his face. I open the box to find some plane tickets. I look up at him with a confused look on my face.

He chuckles. " Those are the plane tickets that will get up on a plane to Hawaii to finish our honeymoon, after all we have been through I think we need a break." I leap up in excitement and run around the table to his chair and sit myself on his lap, and give him a big sloppy kiss on the cheek.

After we finish dessert and head to our room, I change into my biggest, comfiest pair of pajamas I own. I crawl into bed with Maxon, while I am in big warm pajamas he is in just a pair of sweatpants. I give him a quick kiss good night and curl up under the covers. I fall asleep with a smile on my face for the first time in weeks.