Chapter 4: Your asking for my advice?

I walk up to the Palmer household to start my days work since I just finished my shift at the diner. I hate this job for many reasons.

One I feel like a maid which I am but they pay me eight-hundred dollars a month since I'm the only person who was will to work their because they are pretty demanding people.

Two I lose my insantity when something is broken and Mrs.Plamer thinks I can fix it last week she dropped a vase and thouht I could fix it which I couldn't because It was smashed into a thousnad pieces.

Three the worst one of all, it's Ben's girlfriend house.Yes I work for my Ex-boyfriend/Baby daddy's girlfriend. These are the things people end up on therapy for.

I ring the doorbell and Mrs.Palmer comes to the door a little bit breatheless for some reason.

"Aubree thank goddness your here.The dish washer is making a strange noise"she panics as I walk in.

"Let me take a look"I walk over to the dish washer and hear a weird clank and some starnge buzzing.

I open it up and inspect it. I look in and feel around and figure out the problem.

"The heat panel is broken I can fix it but it will take about an hour or two can I use your rench and screw driver it would be very useful"I say letting her know.

"Okay thats fine and when you are done that Laurens television is not working I need you fix that she can't sleep with the television" she lists off my to-do list for the day.

I start work on the the dishwasher and when I am finished I walk upstairs to Laurens room which is on the second floor with a white door and a brass handlewhich takes forever to clean and knock on the door.

"Come in"I hear her say from the other side.

I see her sitting on her bed with her phone in her hand texting.

"Your mom said you tv is not working"I awkardly satnd there and say with the tool box.

"Yeah, It's over there hooked up to the wall"She points in front of her.

I walk over to the tv which I knew was there because I'm the one who put it up six months ago.

"Can you turn it on so I can see the problem"I ask.

"It won't turn on, thats the problem"she says a bit agressivly

"Alright then"I say not exactly sure what her problem is.

I look behind the tv and see a connection loose. I push it in hoping I won't have to stay in here any longer.

"Try it now" I tell her

She picks up the remote and turns on the tv.Thank god I don't have to stay here any longer.   

"Well if thats it then I must be going"I mumble basically running out of her bedroom.

"Wait"She yells at me before I could leave.

"Dammit"I whisper before turning around to face her.

"What is it?" I ask uncertain.

"I wanted to ask you something"She said could not looking me in the eye.

"Well....What is it?"I ask for a second time.

"As you know homecoming is in three weeks and me and Ben were planning on going"She starts not really knowing where she is going with this.

"Hey if you need me take Ember that night I don't mind not going to the dance"I say hoping to cut this conversation short.