Chapter 3.1 "A Life-changing Meeting"

Continuation of chapter 3

"I don't understand your motives. Why do you want to help me?" Veronica enquired.

"Because of the goodness of my heart. Haven't you ever done good things for no particular reason?" The Italian was surprised with her talk.

"I have. But they never had any clear motive." Veronica stared daggers at him.

"Are you saying that I have some secret plans?" He immediately snorted at her suspicions.

"I guess you do." She said sharply, wanting to move away from the unpredictable Italian, but he got closer to Veronica. She felt his burning breath on her hair; her head almost rested at his manly chin. The Italian was tall and a well-set-up young man that surprised Veronica very much. Italians were mostly characterized by low height and plump figure, but Milano Veneziani was a complete opposite of that. Veronica guessed that maybe he had ancestors, previously living in the northern latitudes in his family, whose genes gave the Italian his perfect body and height. The body. These hot thoughts made everything spin in front of her eyes and Veronica felt that she was falling onto the pavement. But Milano grabbed her by her waist while she was breathing hard, tilting her head back.

"And you think I've got something on my mind." Milano laughed merrily, realizing that Veronica was nearly losing her mind just being next to him.

"Definitely, yes." She breathed out, trying to raise her head when her neck stiffened in one position.

"You shouldn't think that. It seems to me that you have been overheated in the sunshine. It has been ruthless today, especially to girls like you; such gentle girls." He smiled, trying to put the beautiful European back onto her feet.

"Maybe." Veronica pronounced dully. "Please, leave me alone."

"If I leave you, you will fall, hit your head on the ground and get hurt. I'm guessing you don't like to cause harm to yourself." Milano joked, realizing what a great girl he had in his hands, disobedient and daring.

"Let me go, otherwise the whole street will hear my scream!" The girl raised the tone of her voice, opposing his decision.

"I don't want you to lose consciousness, so I'll bring you to a cool place, which is not far from here." The Italian gently offered, still holding her lithe body.

"I cannot go." Veronica confessed quietly, feeling that her feet didn't obey her.

'Is this arrogant Italian really telling the truth? Did I really get sunstroke?' She didn't believe the situation she was in. 'It can't be true. I've always been careful about all this.'

"Well, well." Milano agreed, picking up Veronica in his hands; she was not heavy. She was embarrassed by his bold and free behavior because she had thought that she was quite heavy. After all, Veronica's body had luxurious shapes and she wasn't like a girl from a fitness club.