Part 11

Arjun spoke, "I will go up the hill to find some help after breakfast. You stay here and wait for Mohit and Mr Patel."

Amrita answered, "I don't think you will be able to open the front door with the amount of snow piled up there. Let alone going out."

She gave a long sigh, "I cannot believe I was stupid enough to come here so underprepared."

"Hey! Are you calling me stupid too? These were unforeseeable circumstances. No one is at fault, okay? God!"

Amrita made a frustrated little sound, "Why did Mohit leave with Mr Patel? Why didn't you? He should have stuck with me!"

Arjun spoke, offended, "Excuse me? Do you have a problem with me? Have I caused you any kind of inconvenience? I too had to take a look around the area but I postponed it because it was getting late."

Amrita thought about how considerate he had been towards her in the last twenty-four hours. She got up from where she was sitting and said, "I did not mean it like that okay, I am just worried as to what will happen to us. What if the supplies run out and we freeze to death? Our families must be going crazy."

Arjun picked up both their empty plates and went towards the kitchen, Amrita following him. "You know we won't die right? Don't you think you are being a little dramatic?"

Amrita looked tensed and a little offended. He continued, "Amrita everyone at the hotel knows we are here. Mr Patel knows this place well, he must be getting help soon along with Mohit. I bet we will be out of here within today. You have a wild imagination." Yes, I sure do, Amrita thought to herself.

It was ten by the clock and Arjun and Amrita were trying to ply the front door open. "It's not going to work and it is not a good idea, let us just wait it out inside in the warmth," Amrita suggested. Both of them sat sprawled on the sofas killing time. The newspaper supply had been exhausted and there was nothing else left to read.

"Amrita, what are you going to do once you return home?" Arjun asked her.

"Manage my bakery as usual and yes look into Mrs Pawan's Choco Bakery's acquiring," she replied.

"Hmm, Since we will be working together regarding the new bakery here, we should keep in touch. Give me your cell number," Arjun said.

"But isn't your cell dead?" she asked.

"I will just remember it," he answered.

"Okay then." She gave him her cell number.

It had stopped snowing and the sun was shining outside. But still being stuck inside, both of them were waiting to be rescued. Amrita was showing Arjun pictures from her phone gallery. They were passing the time making light conversation. Arjun was enjoying spending time with her and both were too engrossed in talking that it took them several minutes to notice a machinery sound coming from the outside. They went over to the window to see a small snow shovelling machine clearing out the snow in front of the cottage. Amrita gave a yelp of relief and both saw Mr Patel and Mohit get out of a big car that stood on the recently cleared snow path. As the path was cleared, the front door opened and the much-awaited faces of Mr Patel and Mohit were greeted by both.

"Are you okay Amrita?" Mohit rushed in to Amrita's side.

"What happened?" Arjun asked Mr Patel and Mohit.

They narrated how they had reached Krishi village but as the snow was very heavy there too, they were stuck. Soon they somehow found telephone services and Mohit called up the hotel relaying their situation. They had found comfortable lodgings and informed their families. This morning help had been sent after clearing out the roads.