Domestic Bliss (Bucky Barnes x reader)

You grumbled to yourself as you fiddled with the keys in your pocket. It was a little after eleven at night and you were just getting home. You were supposed to relieve the sitter a couple hours before. You unlocked the door and entered your quiet house. You wandered into the living and found it empty. Next you looked in the kitchen, but still no babysitter. Curious, you went to check your children's rooms. You momentarily panicked when you saw that your son was not in his bed. You thought he might be in his sister's room so you quietly opened the door to your daughter's room. Your heart nearly melted at the sight before you.

Your husband Bucky had apparently gotten home from his mission early because there he was. He was sprawled in the middle of the princess bed with both of your children. Your small son was laying curled up on Bucky's stomach and your daughter was draped across his right arm. Your son and daughter where both in old Halloween costumes and Bucky was wearing a tiara that would surely be tangled in his hair by morning if you didn't remove it.

You entered the night-light illuminated room and approached the bed, careful not to wake the sleeping children. You gently removed the plastic crown from your husband's head and chuckled softly. As you untangled the last strand of hair, Bucky opened his eyes. "Hey, Baby-doll," he said, his voice rough from sleep. "Hi, honey. When did you get home?" Bucky looked at the clock. "A few hours ago. Our daughter decided we needed to have a tea party."

Bucky looked down at the sleeping children and smiled. "There is no way I'm moving them," he whispered to you. You nodded, covered them all up and made to leave the room. "Where are you going, Y/N?" You turned back around. Bucky stuck his bottom lip in an attempt to sway you. "That doesn't work with them, it's not going to work with you," you whispered with a scoff. "Please, babe? I missed you." He knew you couldn't resist that. You groaned and crawled into the small bed with your family.

Your daughter rolled off Bucky's arm and curled into you as you tried to get comfortable. Bucky wrapped his now numb arm around you and pulled the two of you close to him. The children stirred a little, but didn't wake up. You laid your head on Bucky's chest and let out a sigh. "I love you, Y/N." You looked up and smiled at your wonderful husband. "I love you too, Buck." He kissed your temple and you felt yourself drifting off to sleep.