Always Running (Pietro Maximoff x reader) Body-switching AU

Pietro was probably one of your least favorite people in the world. It wasn't that he was a bad guy really, but his arrogance got under your skin like nobody's business. That and the fact that he was constantly running. You felt as if he was always trying to show off his super speed. It irked you to no end. There was also the fact that Pietro knew exactly how attractive he was. Yes, you could admit that he was a gorgeous man, with those brilliant blue eyes that seemed to bore into your soul and a body that most people would drool over. He was beautiful, but that didn't mean he had to be so damned cocky.

"Can you please shut up for five minutes?" you snapped. You hadn't meant to, but it had been a really long day. Training had not gone well at all. You were too tired and Pietro's constant chatter about his upcoming date was not helping at all. "I think you are jealous, no?" he asked with a smirk. You rolled your eyes. "Not in the least, Pietro. I just want some peace from your voice." You tucked your book under your arm and left the room with a huff, missing Pietro's eyes following you out.

Unlike you, Pietro didn't have negative feelings toward you. In fact, you fascinated him. He really wanted to be close to you, but had no idea how to do it. His usual charm didn't work on you. Pietro was at a loss as do what to do. Nothing seemed to work. Quite the opposite. Everything he did only pushed you further away.

"You know, you could just ask Y/N out. Start out trying to be friendly instead of your usual flirting," Wanda commented, taking a sip of her tea. Pietro glanced back at his twin in confusion. Wanda sighed. "Try to get to know Y/N first. Put yourself in their shoes. If someone was constantly trying to flirt with you, but also went out with other men, wouldn't you think twice about the kind of relationship you could have?" Pietro didn't reply. He sank down. "I do not know how to put myself in Y/N's shoes." Wanda rolled her eyes before leaving the room. She knew what she had to do, but she had to enlist Bruce's help first.

*short time skip*

"SPEEDY!!!!" Your voice rang through the Tower. Pietro didn't respond. He was too busy sulking. It didn't matter. You came rushing in a second later, promptly running into a wall. "Oof." Pietro bit back a chuckle. You whirled around and him sitting in a nearby chair. Except it wasn't him. Not really. It was you, or at least your body.

You don't know how it happened, but you had woken up in Pietro's body. As soon as you stood up, you realized that you not only were in Pietro's body, but you had his speed. Unfortunately for you, you had no idea how to use it. You kept running smack dab into every wall you could. Needless to say, it was a bad morning already. And you hadn't even had your coffee yet.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" you screamed, still cringing at the sound of Pietro's voice coming from your mouth. Hearing his accent when you were speaking was weird. "I didn't do anything, Y/N. Talk to her," he answered, gesturing toward Wanda with his head. "Wan? Please tell me he's lying and you had nothing to do with this?" She blushed a little. "I did. I could not stand to listen to the two of you fighting all the time, so I decided to try and get you to understand one another better."

"By switching our bodies?" Pietro spat. It was clear that he was in just as bad a mood as you were. Wanda shook her head. "No. The idea was to loan you my powers for a little while so you could understand how the other thinks...something went wrong and you switched bodies instead. And, judging by the fact that you keep running into walls every few seconds, you got each other's powers as well."

You let out a groan at the same time Pietro did. "I need coffee." You made your way over to the pot, but once again, you moved too quickly and hit the counter instead. You let out a loud swear while Pietro tried to bite back another chuckle. "Oh, shut up." You reached for the pot only to have Wanda move it away from you with her mind. "What the hell, Wanda?" She smiled sheepishly at you. "Sorry, Y/N, but not while you are in Pietro's body. You have seen how he is normally...trust me you do not want to see what this stuff does to him."