Secret Child (Tony Stark x toddler!daughter reader x Pepper Potts)

The Avengers were all groaning and stretching their tired muscles. Clint more than anyone. The mission hadn't been as successful as they'd hoped, but at least it was over. Now to party. Tony loved to throw parties after missions. It was a chance to relax and spend time with the team without the stress. Plus, it wasn't like he couldn't afford it. However, in this case, he forgot something very important. Something he would never hear the end of.

The day before the party, Tony was making sure the bar was stocked when he heard the voice that made him freeze. Pepper. And if Pepper was there, that meant... "Daddy!" Tony turned and around and smiled at you. You ran over to him as good as your two year old little legs could carry you. Tony scooped you up in his arms and glanced up at Pepper. She was wearing her "I'm not pleased" expression.

"Birthday party?" Tony asked, knowing exactly what he'd missed. "Birthday party," Pepper replied just as the others came wandering in. "Oh, hey Pepper," Steve greeted with his charming smile. "Hi, Cap." Steve glanced at you still in Tony's arms. He grinned and wave. "Hi there, sweetheart. Who's this little one?" You giggled and hid your face in Tony's neck.

Tony opened his mouth to answer Steve's question when Bruce walked in. "Uncle Bruce!" you squealed, clamoring to get down out of your father's arms. Tony set you down and you ran over to Bruce, who chuckled softly and picked you up. "Uncle Bruce, Daddy knows Captain America!"

The others glanced between you and Bruce and Tony and Pepper. "Uncle Bruce? Daddy?" Pepper turned to Tony with an arched brow. "You didn't tell them? How long were you planning on keeping your two year old a secret?" Tony didn't answer, knowing that there was no way he could get out of this and he didn't want to dig his hole any deeper.

Clearing her throat, Natasha asked, "So what brings you here, Pepper?" Tony cast a grateful glance the redhead's way when Pepper finally took her eyes off him. "Tony here missed our daughter's birthday party this afternoon. Without a word." Steve, Natasha, Thor, and Bruce all looked at you and then to Tony.

"So this is your daughter?" Steve asked. "Hi. What's your name?" You told him and then turned away again with a giggle. "Hi, Y/N. I'm Steve." You nodded. "Captain America! And that's Tasha Ro-Ro-" you stopped, your little face screwed up in concentration. "Romanoff. Hi, Y/N." You smiled at Natasha. "She is so tiny!" Thor boomed and you covered your ears with your hands. "Thor is loud!"

"My apologies." The whole room laughed and Tony took a step closer to Pepper. "I'm sorry, I forgot. I'll make it up to her. And you." He kissed Pepper's cheek and she smiled. She was hardly ever able to stay mad at the man. Especially since she's had you. "You're forgiven. Just don't do it again. I know how you can make it up to me, but how are you going to make it up to her?"

"I know!' Tony came over and took you from Bruce. "How would you like it if Daddy made you your own suit?" You cocked your head to the side. "Can it be a Captain America suit?" Tony's smile fell slightly. "Don't you want a suit like Daddy's, Sweetpea?" You shook your head, your (h/c) hair hitting your face slightly. "Nope. Captain America." You gave Steve another look and laughed again. Even as young as you were, you were a little heartbreaker, just like your father.

"Of course...my own kid likes the Cap better than me." Tony's bottom lip puffed out in a fake pout and your eyes began to water. "No, Daddy! Don't be sad! I love you!" You put your tiny arms around his neck and hugged him. "I love you too, kiddo," he whispered.

Tony hadn't wanted kids for a long time, but once you'd come along, his entire outlook had changed. As you hugged him as tightly as your little body could,Tony had never been more grateful to have you in his life. He reached over with his free arm and pulled Pepper close. The three of you made such a pretty picture that the others couldn't help but smile.