Inconceivable(Steve Rogers x reader)

(a/n: Quotes from "The Princess Bride" obviously belong to the movie.)

You couldn't stop your legs from bouncing as you waited to hear the sound of the elevator. It was date night with your boyfriend Steve and you couldn't wait. Whenever you weren't on missions, the two of you had weekly date nights. Steve insisted that it would help keep your relationship alive, especially considering your jobs. He wasn't wrong. You and the blond super soldier were closer than ever. This week, you decided to stay in for your date. Steve had gone down to the first floor to pick up your take out while you tried to think of a movie to watch.

The elevator dinged and Steve came in carrying food from your favorite Italian restaurant. "I swear I'm going to learn how to make this stuff here so I don't have to go get these bags every time. Tony's new secretary keeps flirting with me. It's...uncomfortable. I just don't see what the big deal is." You quirked a brow at him. If anything could be said of Steve, it was that he was definitely modest and very much a one-woman man. Seeing the look on your face, Steve said, "What? I mean it."

"Anybody want a peanut?" you asked jokingly earning a look of confusion from Steve. You face palmed. Of course he didn't get it. "Really, Stevie?" You shook your head. You knew what movie the two of you were going to watch now. Steve continued pulling take out containers from the bag as you went in search of the movie you wanted. Steve had everything out on the coffee table when you got back. You quickly set up the DVD player before taking your seat next to your boyfriend.

Steve's eyes were glued to the screen as he slurped his noodles. You shook your head fondly and turned your attention back to the movie. Once you both finished eat, Steve put his arm around your shoulders and you curled into his side. This was your favorite part of date night. Cuddling with Steve on the couch. You always felt safest when his arms were around you and you could be as close to him as possible.

When the movie was over, Steve had a beautiful lop-sided grin on his face. "I liked it." You gave a little giggle. You had known he would. "I'm glad." He looked down at you, his face suddenly serious. Before you could ask what was wrong, he captured your lips in a kiss. The kind of sweet yet passionate kiss that showed you just how much he loved you. "I love you," you said when you parted for air. "I love you more," he said, not tearing his gaze away from yours.

"Inconceivable,"you whispered causing him to laugh. Steve unwrapped his arm from you and stoodto clean up the mess from dinner. You turned the TV off and joined him in thekitchen. You watched as he cleaned the few dishes you hand and then dried hishands. You wished it could be like this all the time. Just the two of youliving like a normal couple and maybe one day it could be. The thought that itwas even a possibility made you smile. "Hey, Stevie?" He glanced atyou and you held your arms out. He chuckled and closed the distance between you."What do you need, Doll?" You gazed into his blue eyes. "Kissme?" You were met with a another smile. "As you wish."