Still I Smile

*smiley pov*

I woke up at 4 am to my 6 year old sister crawling in my bed. She shares a room with my mom normally because we just don't got three bedroom kind of funds. The fave she's getting in my bed most likely means my mom was havin one day of her moments again.

My mom has had the hardest time adjusting to my dads death. No he wasn't no solder that died some heroic death, my dad lost his life to the streets. My mom and him been riding for each other since 8th grade. They stuck by each other thick and thin.

They were seniors in high school when my mom got pregnant so my dad decided selling drugs would be a quick startup until he could get a real job. My mom didn't like it but she thought he could do no wrong. The only problem is that my dad was really good at it so short term became long term. 

He wasn't ignorant like most drug dealers he was still a family man. Everything he did was for us and he gave us the world. My mom had her own closet. I had a 300 a week allowance  and my sister only got the best cause she was daddy's little girl.

My dad was the coolest. He had a black Benz with red interior and blue under lights. He had 4 other cars but this one was by far his favorite he promised me it when I got my license but I rejected it cause I know he loved it. Which is why I drive it now because I feel his presence in the car.

Overall we had a great life. That all came crashing down when a new guy named Pedro came in to town and wanted my dad to pedal for him. My dad was loyal to his plug but this guy wasn't taking no for an answer. He told my dad he would only ask one more time. My dad said no once again.

We didn't here from Pedro for another four months. Until one day  my mom, sister and I were out shopping and we came home to a our dad shot execution style in his recliner signed by Pedro.

My mom lost the love of her life. She tried to stay strong but the house was driving her crazy. So we moved out into an apartment but the town itself was just full of memories she couldn't take. One day out of the blue my mom sold all 10 of the cars except mines and hers, paid for a house across the country in full and we just left.

With all that behind is she's able to function again but in her sleep she had nightmares or memories that just bring her to tears.

Tonight is one of those nights so I just tucked Rayne in and went to check on my mom. She had calmed down by the time I got there so I just kissed her on the forhead and decided to just stay up for school at 8.

Around  6 I woke up Rayne and got her ready for school. She was playing with the toys in her bath and I lowkey just sat back and admired her innocence and obliviousness to what happen to us 6 months ago. Normally my mom takes her to school but I'll let her sleep.

After I dropped her off I texted my baby GoodMorning. I may be a little abrasive but something about him just puts a smile on my face. I haven't had much of those lately. I mean in always smiling but those are fake which is funny cause my nickname is smiley. Tristan puts abs genuine smile on my face and it feels great to not have to fake it.

He texted me back immediately and I asked him to meet be at the Waffle House down the street because it's 7 am on a Tuesday so nobody worried about sitting down for breakfast their to busy so what better date for a dl couple than an empty Waffle House.

He agreed and i could to a backflip with the thought of starting my day with Tristan.

*Tristan pov*
I got out the shower to a text from my baby and got asked for breakfast. One thing smiley needs to learn is that I am not a morning person, but I'll go this once.

I put on a black wind breaker some black ripped skinny a and my grey tims and snuck down the steps careful not to wake my parents. I hope Kirsten wasn't riding with with me cause she sol.

I got in my car and of course Kay Called me

Kay 💅🏾: bitch come get me !

Tristan😎:  going out with mans 😝

Kay💅🏾: 🤔 early morning car sex already ? I know you a virgin and all but I didn't know you was desperate

Tristan😎: bye 💀🖕🏽 we are going for breakfast😂

Kay💅🏾: shame. He couldn't been eating something else

Tristan: bye Kay 😂😂 I'll see you at school

Kay💅🏾: bye hoe.

5 minutes later I pulled at waffle house to see smiley leaning on his car. We went in had a seat in the back and waited for our waitress

She shows up 10 minutes later cheesing. It's cool I just figured out what I want anyway. I ordered a covered hash brown, waffle, and some bacon. Smiley got a grilled cheese and sausage.  When smiley ordered she did a little to much talking but it's her job I guess.

Smiley ate like he ain't never ever had food. I always knew boys ate less politely but damn. That grilled cheese didn't stand a chance. Then he had the audacity he nibble off of my plate.

After aimless conversation and a few rounds of footsie under the table we asked for the check.

That's when my morning did a 360 and I almost caught a charge. This how put her number on the receipt and I politely said he won't be needing that. Then she flipped her her hair and took the money and winked at smiley.

I hopped up out my seat so fast

I hopped up out my seat so fast.  I was this close to that's hoes tracks 👌🏽 before smiley pulled me back. I'm not the kind of gay guy to fight a female but she was straight disrespectful. Smiley dragged my ass all the way to the car. He just had to be captain save a hoe

We got in his car and pulled off but not to the school.
----------------------------------------------------

So where  do you think they are going ?

Thoughts on smiley ?  It's always the ones who smile the most that have the most pain

Tristan a little territorial huh 😂

Votes and comments make my day ☺️