Recovery

*Tristan

I woke up to feel my head on something fleshy. I look up and see a very familiar chin. How the actual fuck did i get in his bed of all places.

Last thing I remember was sitting on the corner crying. I realized I'm in my boxers. I started to pull myself out of his arms but his grip was tight and comforting. I leaned back in and fell asleep

"Smiley

I look down and see my whole heart just laying on my chest smiling. It's been a long two and a half months. I can't say Ima have him back to sure because I doubt he actually knows what's going on or where he is.

My mother burst in the room talking about "I don't feel like cooking so y'all eating cereal or -" then she saw Tristan and walked out 3 minutes later I smelled bacon and pancakes, ain't that something she won't feed me or my sister but has no problem feeding the boy on my chest.

Tristan started to stir so I loosened my grip incase he was alarmed. To my surprise he just looked up and said good morning. He pulled himself off and moved my to black desk chair and slouched in it "soooooooo what happened and how did I get here " he asked.

I explained the best way I could seeing as I myself was lost. "My turn. What happened to you last night ? You were so traumatized" I said

He took a deep breath and put his head down. He explained that after he saw me he left the game with his friend Jay in which it all went sideways when he called Jay by my name ( I was trying not to feel so flattered) then i remember his face was all tore up. "Did Jay do this ?" I asked through gritted teeth feeling the cut on his face because my boyfriend or not nobody is going to put a hand on him.

He started tearing up his voice cracked when he told me that his father did it. A million emotions went through me. I was angry, sad and strangely I felt guilty for not being there to protect him. I didn't really know what to do so I just pulled him in for a hug. He was tense at first but he loosened up.

Me and him actually had another conversation to have about the topic of our breakup but my sister knocked on the door and yelled through that it was time to eat. I grabbed Tristan's hand and pull him out my room " your about to meet my mom" I said grinning. this should be fun.

*Tristan

I sat at the table after washing my hands and everyone was just staring at me. I didn't know what to do. Smiley put his hand on my lap trying to comfort me but I wasn't sure how to feel about it. He's doing boyfriend things but we haven't had a talk to figure out what's going on.

Smileys mom layed out all the food and told us to dig in. Never have to tell me twice when it comes to food. I took a bite of the pancakes and Almost died. "These are the best pancakes I've ever had" I complemented

She started smiling from ear to ear. She was so pretty. She had smileys eyes, nose and skin complexion. Her eyes were an reddish almond color. "Thank you Tristan" she said. That caught me off guard I didn't know she knew me. She must of picked up on that and told me that smiley used to talk about me all the time.

That made me blush. I grabbed smileys hand. We definitely had a talk to have and I'm not sure I'm ready to be in a relationship with him again. But I knew I definitely wasn't ready to let him go.

"Mom can Tristan stay here for the break ? He's going through some things at home" smiley said in between bites of his food. She didn't pry to much and just nodded her head. We all finished our food and his mom get dressed for work and his sister just left to go to a sleepover

That left us alone. I thought it was time to have to the talk we were avoided. I just didn't know how to started it. "Soooo about our break up" I said.

Smiley put his head down and exhaled "look. Im sorry for leaving you out there in the wood. But you were getting way out of control and I had to"

I shook my head. "You didn't even. Call to check and see if I made it home, do you know how that made me feel ? I felt so abandoned. Especially after you took the lock out of your bio and said your single"

He rolled his eyes and said " but you got a whole new nigga real quick. Like I didn't matter"

"But you did matter and it hurt. He was like a bandaid fixing the exact cut you left" I sighed

Smiley shook his head, looked me dead in the eye and said "let's start over" I thought about it for a long minute. My heart saying I should just say yes. However the logical part of me is saying that I should ease my way into this slowly

I stopped kissed him on the lips and said sure. He started smiling that hard grin like he always did when he got happy until I informed him there is a catch. "We got to start off as friends". I said and he rolled his eyes and pulled me back in