Chapter Nine: A Surprise

"Sweetie, could you close the window? It's starting to rain."

I happily complied to what Patrick asked. I had been living with him for about two weeks now. Turned out my dad didn't care where I was as long as it wasn't the hospital... Quote 'eating away at his retirement fund'... But this was so much better for me.

I was happy here. I had my own room, very small, but it was mine. Patrick always called me by his chosen pet name now, always checking on me and making sure I was comfortable. We would watch movies into the night, laugh and giggle at random things, as well as keep close contact with each other...

"Brendon and Dallon are coming over today!" I said cheerfully, walking into the kitchen where Patrick was finishing a mug of cereal.

He nodded with a smile as I came over to drape my arms over his shoulders. He put his hand over his mouth slightly, "You don't want to kiss me, I'm gonna taste like fruit loops."

"Mmmm, my favorite..." I giggled, instead pressing a kiss to his cheek. "I can't help wanting to kiss you anymore..."

"I'm glad I don't have to over think it anymore, Sweetie." Patrick smiled dreamily at me. Before he could say anything else, however, there was a knocking at the front door.

"Beebo and Dall!" I jumped excitedly. I retracted my arms from his shoulders and began hurrying out of the room, "I'll get the door!" I just heard him laugh in response as I opened the door to the taller and shorter boy.

"Ryro!" Brendon threw his hands up in the air before hugging me tightly.

I let out a gasp of air from the sudden pain that shot through me, causing Brendon to release me quickly.

"I didn't hurt you, did I? I'm sorry, Ryro." Brendon looked a bit panicked as he held his hands close to his chest.

I shook my head, already feeling the pain begin to fade. "It's fine! J-just the initial shock I guess... It hasn't been too bad recently, we just went for a checkup two days ago."

"A decent bill of health for Ryan." Patrick came smiling behind me, leaning forward to kiss my cheek from over my shoulder.

"Yay!" Brendon threw his arms up in the air, "That's fantastic, Ryro! That means we're good to g-mmmh!" Brendon was interrupted by Dallon quickly covering his mouth.

I looked between them confused. "What was that, Beebo?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

Brendon's eyes suddenly widened in relazation, and he shook his head vigorously. Dallon replied, his hand still over Brendon's mouth. "Oh nothing, you know how he rambles about every little thing."

A muffled 'do not' could be heard through Dallon's hand.

"Let's just put on the TV!" Patrick interjected, "I already made popcorn!" He grabbed my hand, spun me, and dragged me along into the living room. I didn't object, just smiling after him. He sat in his armchair and I took my spot at the edge of the couch closest to him. Brendon and Dallon sat on the empty part of the couch.

Since unpacking, the room had really opened up. It also made it nice that there was a TV to help entertain. I put my arm on the edge of the couch and rested my head on it, trying to ignore my dull pain. I felt Patrick reach out and squeeze my hand, so I smiled and squeezed back.

"Feeling okay, Sweetie?" He asked with a smile evident in his tone.

I hummed in response, not moving my positioning.

Brendon's foot fidgeted nervously as he looked between Dallon and Patrick. "Is he okay?" I asked, giving him a confused look.

"Over excited." Dallon replied. He put his hand on Brendon's cheek and turned his face so that Brendon was looking straight at him. He whispered something lowly before connecting their lips.

"Over what? It's just popcorn and a movie. Not even a very funny movie..." I sat up and stretched. I looked over at Patrick and saw him biting his lip. "You're plotting." I narrowed my eyes at him, "What are you plotting?"

"Nothing, Sweetie." Patrick smiled sweetly at me, with just a hint of mischief in his eye.

"Can't we tell him?" Brendon questioned with a squeak in his voice.

"Tell me what!?" I squeezed Patrick's hand again, "What are you planning, you crazy boy?"

He sighed with a small smile on his face. "It was supposed to be a surprise..."

"My bad..." Brendon spoke up sheepishly.

"But, now is as good a time as any to tell you." Patrick smiled widely. He stood up and pulled me to my feet, planting a quick kiss on my lips before speaking. "We're going on a trip."

"A ROAD TRIP!" Brendon exclaimed, throwing his arms up in the air.

"To LA, or wherever the road takes us!" Patrick finished, looking at me excitedly. "You said you had never been out of Vegas. Well, Sweetie, I wanna take you there!" He leaned in and kissed me again.

My eyes were wide from his news. How had he remembered? I hadn't mentioned it since, what, the first time we met? Ages ago, now. He wanted to take me places I had never been...

He pulled his lips away and gazed into my eyes with his eyes that reminded me of the sky. "Whadya say?" He asked, quietly.

"We're chauffeuring partially." Dallon spoke up quietly, holding onto Brendon's waist and resting his chin on Brendon's shoulder.

"Just us... And them, but also us..." Patrick smiled, reaching up to mess with my hair just a bit. "Are you up for it?.."

I felt a smile spread across my face. I was going to get out. Even if it was just temporary. "I think I'm ready." I nodded, making Patrick's face fill with joy.

"You think? I KNOW I'm ready!" Brendon exclaimed, "Just like old times! Except there's no school to be ditched..."

"Dork." Dallon muttered, rolling his eyes.

"You really mean it?" Patrick asked, "You'd do that with me?"

I just continued to smile. "If I trusted you enough to let you sneak through my window, then live with you... I think I can go on a road trip with you and my friends..." I replied softly, bringing my own hand up to play with his light hair.

"I absolutely adore you, Ryan..." He said, just barely above a whisper before his lips were on mine again.

And how I absolutely adored you, Patrick...