16. tomorrows

THE CONCLUSION

[PART 2]

I am time, the destroyer of all; I have come to consume the world.

- Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita.

💍 💍 💍

I could feel something was terribly wrong.

I had been on the beach way too many times now to know how long the sun usually took to set. But today, it seemed to be stuck to the sky, not wanting to let go at all. Adamant, stubborn to meet its moon even if it would change the way how everything works and turn the whole universe upside down.

I could no longer feel the air around me, as if the wind had stopped. The waves before me stood frozen, waiting to crash into each other once near the shore but they never did. It was as if all forms of life kept implying that time had stopped. A weird premonition that the present tense no longer existed — because what was even the past or future? And where did this moment lie on the graph of time and events; if it even did?

Everything was at a standstill in this moment, including my own life. Including time that seemed to have magically come to a pause. The sky was still a shade of crimson and I was almost surprised at how I was still breathing in spite of the lack of air. After waiting patiently for a few heartbeats, I could hear a voice call out to me from a distance yet so close as if it was right next to me. The affection and power the voice held had me shook; I had never witnessed such a moment before yet it all felt like a deja vu. "Diego?" The voice called out to me.

Who was this and how did he know my name?

But the second my mouth opened, I started talking to this person as if I knew who he was. As if he was the one responsible for everything that was right and wrong in this universe. He was the one responsible for the sun shining each morning, for the waves returning to the shore, for all the order in spite of the chaos.