Chapter 5: Movie night

"Jenna," I heard the woman's voice call. I immediately looked up. "Dr. Wilson's ready to see you."

I sighed and stood up. I walked into Dr. Wilson's office. I was honestly annoyed with Dr. Wilson. It seems as if she's using my life as her personal entertainment. If my mom hasn't already paid for these sessions beforehand, I would've left a long time ago.

I took my usual seat on the couch across from Dr. Wilson.

"Hello Jenna how are you today?"

"Okay. I don't want to be here, you don't want to be here, so let's just cut to the chase. What am I talking about today?" I snapped.

She seemed taken aback, but immediately regrouped herself. "Well how about you tell me about when Jc asked you out for the first time?"

I sighed. This memory was always very triggering to think about.

Jc had asked me to hang out. It wasn't out of the ordinary because Jc, Ricky, Connor and I have been inseparable every weekend for the past few months. And since I was finally 18, my dad got rid of my curfew. I agreed to hang out and Jc was at my house picking me up an hour later.

The moment I opened the door for him I ran and hugged him. He lifted me up and spun me around.

"I missed you!" I said.

"You can never get enough of me," Jc said with a wink.

I playfully pushed his shoulder.

"Ow! Okay okay I missed you too even though we saw each other a week ago."

I chuckled and stuck my tongue out at him. Ricky then got out of the car and I ran to him and hugged him.

"Ricky!" I screeched.

"Jenna!" he screeched back.

"Where's Connor?" I asked.

"He's visiting his family for the entire summer. Jerk,"Jc said.

I chuckled. "Aww. I was really looking forward to seeing him," I pouted.

All three of us got into the car and we decided to just go to their place and have a movie night. By the time we were at their place, it was already 9 o'clock. I guess we were planning on watching movies all night.

Ricky decided to take a shower and Jc sat on the couch deciding which movie to watch. I sat down next to Jc and he glared at me. I shot him a confused look back.

"What'd I do?" I asked.

" You can't sit there," he said.

"Fine," I said and plopped down on his lap.

He smiled up at me and I smiled back at him. After a few minutes, I tried to get off of his lap, but he pulled me back down. I blushed and looked down. Suddenly Ricky came back into the living room wearing pajamas. He saw me on Jc's lap and glared at Jc. If looks could kill...

"I'm going to go make some popcorn for us," Ricky said.

"I'll help," I said. Jc sighed and let me go. As I was walking toward the kitchen, I suddenly felt myself falling backwards. I prepared myself to hit the floor, but I felt strong arms catch me and wrap around my waist and steady myself back up.

"Careful," Jc said behind me with his arms still around me.

"You really need to be careful where you put that penny board of yours," I said. Jc finally let me go and I walked into the kitchen.