Chapter 2: Second Encounters

The second time he appeared it was a few years later; now I was eleven. I thought what I had seen in my bedroom when I was seven was just a dream, but when I heard that familiar sound I knew I was mistaken. I looked around anxiously waiting for that mysterious object to appear. It took a minute but eventually it appeared directly behind me.

The door swung open instantly and the Doctor emerged holding onto the swinging door, excitement glistening in his eyes. They dulled a moment later as he took in his surroundings.

"Are we in the wrong place again?" A woman's voice asked from inside the box. I couldn't really remember her name. Clarice? Chanice? Clair? I thought as both characters came fully onto the small path of the park. I looked around making sure no one had seen the impossible happen to them as well. I was alone; I was literally the only person on the park by the looks of things. This was unusual. Usually the park was filled with families and people; it’s not exactly a small park.

"Were not in the wrong place Clara", he said emphasizing the word 'wrong' with an amusing wobble of his head. Clara! That was her name! But what was his? Did he ever tell me? I pondered as he looked around. They both didn't seem to notice me; I could have walked away and pretended I never saw a thing. Instead I stayed, I even walked towards them, closer so they could see me and see that they've noticed me noticing them. It was all but impossible to resist the urge that was wriggling within me, growing with every step. I wanted to know who they were, why they were here and what was happening. 

"Excuse me?" I called to them. They were dressed oddly, I noticed as I came closer. Old fashioned, like they had just come from the Victorian era. How odd. Clara had her dark hair pulled up in ringlets. Her dress was a deep red, almost brown in colour, it pulled in her stomach and swam out just past the waist, flowing out until it reached the floor. The Doctors was a lot more simple. Quiet similar to what he was wearing when I first saw him actually. His brown hair was still set in the same style and he remained in a brown blazer. His bow tie still reigned around his neck, the same colour as Clara's dress. Or should I say her dress was the same colour as his bow tie.

They both looked at me almost shocked. They really had no idea I was watching them. 

"This isn't the right era is it?" Clara asked looking directly at me.

"By the looks of things, no." I replied looking down at my casual converse, jean and t-shirt ratio. 

"Ah, I see, well we better be off then." The Doctor called walking back to the blue box. Clara began to follow smiling at me before turning around. 

"Wait!" I called; I couldn’t just let them walk away from me again leaving so many questions unanswered. I jogged up to them wanting to do everything to make them stay just a little bit longer. "What is that?" I said pointing to the blue box this time. Clara and the Doctor both looked at each other, communicating wordlessly through their eyes. 

"It's a TARDIS." Clara said looking at me, mischief dressed across her eyes and smirk. A what? 

"It's just a machine used to fly around the universe, other universes and time. Nothing much now we really must be going Clara, it’s not like I can just travel anywhere you know". He finished with a wink in a speech that sounded like it took place in one single breath.

I half listened to their bickering, the other half had just absorbed on what exactly this man had said. Time travel. It was possible? It was actually possible! But how? 

"You mean to say, that time travel is actually possible?" I asked nonchalantly. I was actually screaming with excitement inside. All the possibilities!  "That's just amazing! It's beyond amazing actually, its magical, fantastic!" I squealed no longer able to contain it. "Can I come?" I don't know what possessed me to say it but it was too late to take it back. I looked at them shyly realising how rude I actually was.

"Well, I do like you, you kind of remind me of myself in some ways" the Doctor replied. "But unfortunately not I'm afraid. I only have one companion at a time and, well, she's right here." He explained looking towards the blushing Clara. "We better be on our way, I'm sure you can keep this little secret to yourself right? I mean you wouldn't want the world to know our little secret now would you? Then again it's not like anyone would believe you not if were in the year I presume we're in. Well better be off, bye!" He smiled and waved at me before closing the door and leaving me behind.

It's like he didn't even recognise me. Well of course he didn't, he's been all around the universe in all different time zones. Why would he remember someone like me?! I felt my heart drop with rejection. No one wants me in this world and it looks like no one in other worlds as well.  

I walked back to where I was walking and picked up the dog lead I had no idea I had dropped. I completely forgot about walking the dog. Luckily he didn't run away, otherwise I would be forced to look for him all night and day until I found him again. And I would happily do it. He was my only friend in this world, the one who didn't judge me for not remembering my childhood. The one that didn't abandon me like my parents had. He just listened and wagged his fury tale and let me hug my troubles away in his white soft fur. 

He welcomed my return with a bark and a furious wag of his tale. "Come on" I said continuing my walk through the park my heart heavy with rejection. Why did I feel this bad over something so small? I let my thoughts be riddled with these questions throughout my journey home. I was nineteen when I next saw him.

This Chapter is dedicated to Bowtiesandstars for being awesome and giving me loads of encouragement and support :D Thank you! :D 

Hope you're enjoying reading my story up to now, post a comment and let me know what you think guys! :)