Chapter 3: The Final Straw

I left the orphanage when I was sixteen. I really couldn't stand the place or the people in it. They hated me for no reason, I wasn't just going to sit there and allow people to hurt me every day. I have been through enough in one life time and enough is enough. I'm not going to let people walk all over me and that includes the people who I have hardly ever met. That includes the Doctor.

He looked at me confused when he came out of his time travel machine. The Tardis I think he called it last time we met.

"You've done it again!" He called back inside the door. Not angry, not sad, he just called to the machine and told it what it had done like it was a living being. He turned around and was about to head back in the police box. Not this time. He wasn't going to keep showing up, quite literally on my front door and then leave again. If he keeps turning up then I'm getting answers.

"Hey!" I called. He looked back at me his mouth parting to begin speech, but before he could say a single word I marched my size five’s straight up to him and closed the door of the police box right in front of his face. He wasn't leaving without a fight, "Oh no! You are not leaving me again, not without some answers." I demanded. I was not in the mood for this anymore. I looked up at him, he was nearly a head taller than me.

"You think you can tell me what to do, oh you humans are so cute. I love you but well, I'm the Doctor and no one tells the Doctor what to do but, well, the Doctor!" He said smiling outrageously at his new found conclusion.

"No! Three times you have come to me and two times you have left me! I'm not having it, not without at least some of my questions being answered. I'm not letting you go so easily this time." I said, a smile pulling at the side of my lips.

"What do you mean three times?" He asked quietly. "When have I come to see you?"

"You appeared in my room when I was seven, and then you came again when I was eleven when I was taking my dog for a walk. The only answers I got was 'this is a bow tie' and that police box is a time machine." I replied the anger losing fuel and draining away slowly. That impersonation was awful.

"Was that 'this is a bow tie' supposed to be an impression of me?" He asked, his eyes portraying nothing but amusement while his lips tugged up into a mischievous half-smile.

"Yes." I said sulking. He still wasn't answering my questions!

"That was bloody awful. I mean, I thought Clara was bad but WOW, you just topped it!" He said chuckling to himself. I replied with a stern and completely unamused look. He looked at me looking at him. "Alright. What do you want to know?" He sighed rolling his eyes, he wasn't being too serious though, and his playful smile remained on his lips.

I thought about it for a minute. "Uh..." my mind's gone blank. Well I wanted to know all sorts, but they weren’t entirely important, I learnt from the last two times that I needed to make this count.

"Why do you keep coming to me?" I asked. He walked around me into my small apartment placing his finger on his chin as he did so. He looked up at the ceiling in contemplation.

"Well, to be honest there...?"

"Cali.”

"Cali, I don't actually know why. Each time we've aimed for completely different eras, places, heck, even universes. Usually the TARDIS gets some of it right like the place, but those times she was way out."

"And why is that?" The jerk couldn't even remember my name!

"Maybe... Maybe the TARDIS is bringing me to you for a reason. She has her ways you know." He explained with a wink whist pointing his slender finger in my direction.