Chapter 7: Save the Orelwicker's

My heart hammered as the light came closer, my feet moved away involuntarily, but my body was stopped by the mud-wall behind us. I felt trapped and blinded by the dim light. Clara and the Doctor stood their ground, their figures just visible from the green light that emitted from the screwdriver. The orange light came closer and closer. It was like a horrifying nightmare that you couldn't wake up from. I wanted to scream, but my voice was tight and instead my voice produced nothing. My hands gripped into the soil behind me, my fingers were buried instantly in the soft substance. They turned the corner, everything slowed down but my thoughts. The sick rose in my throat.

What if there the Orelwickers'? I paused considering this. Maybe they have come to see what was happening. They may not have been caught. They could be lost, I would get lost in a place this dark as well. I relaxed slightly with the possibility and moved closer to the Doctor and Clara. I smiled a little and looked over at the man in the bow tie. Then I wished I never had looked. He looked angry and defensive, his face had turned to stone as he glared at the emerging orange hue. It wasn't the Orelwicker's. Then I looked at them.

They were monsters. Worse than the things you see in your nightmares. Their bodies were human-like. Only they were crawling rapidly on all fours and they were more skeletal in aspect. It was mainly their heads that were the notable feature though. There's were much larger than ours. From the side the shape resembled a crescent moon, only narrow where the 'chin' is growing much thicker where the centre of their heads were and then narrowing out again, only the spike was much longer on the top of the head so it somewhat curled to their shoulder blades. Their eyes were the next thing I noticed. It should have been the first with how large and black they were, no eye colour, no pupil. Just darkness. They were like the common alien eye's people describe only they had a glassy film over them and they were like a sharp angular tear drop shape instead of round and oval. I lost myself in the darkness of them. Any colour was just lost and absorbed into the abyss of blackness. They were the eyes of evil.

They stopped just in front of us and became erect, standing on their back legs. They towered over all three of us, trapping us in a corner. Then they stopped and threw their heads back closing their huge glassy eyes. There were five of them down here, and three of us, my brain registered changing into survival mode. Their heads snapped back quickly.

"What are you?" One of them hissed looking at the Doctor. I didn't notice its mouth before. There wasn't a mouth so to speak but their skin thinned where their mouths should be, holes emerged. The skin around the mouth was more like a boiling hot liquid. Like there food had to be slowly and painfully burned and liquidised before it could be eaten. An icy shiver ran down my spine.

"You don't want to know that." Replied the Doctor, his face hardening.

"Oh but we do..." It hissed again, followed by a rattling noise coming from its throat. "We are the Secretumdevor."

"What's that?" Clara asked the Doctor stepping away from one of them that was in close proximity.

"Roughly translated it means 'secret devourer's'. In other words, they feed of secrets." I glanced at the Doctor who was glaring at the five of them.

"And you have a lot of secrets don't you?" The front one rattled again, he seemed to be the leader of the pack.

"What are you doing here then? What could you possibly want here?" The Doctor asked storming up to the leader who was a head taller than him. He seemed unfazed by their stature.

"We want the information of this planet of course!" It seemed to laugh then, " All their secrets, their way of life. How they keep their young so protected in them nurseries. We want to know their secrets! They have sustainable energy and we want it! We could sell their slime alone for millions! There keeping something else from us as well. They are ever so reluctant to tell us." It spat venomously. "...But now there seems to be something greater than them." The leader said moving its long claw like fingers towards him.