Chapter 1

All the wind was taken from Fords lungs as he was pushed up against the wall and pinned there by a taller and by far stronger male student. It was only Fords second day at the humble college. He had hoped, heck, he had prayed that he wouldn't have to endure the surplus of bullying that he went through all his life any more, after all, college was supposed to be different right? Although deep down he knew that wasn't true. He was weird and different. Which always seemed frowned upon and this school was no different unfortunately. "Hey freak," not that word, anything but that word. "Why don't you mind your own business?!" The obnoxious jock had one hand around Fords' neck making it even more difficult for the short brunette to breath. All he did was correct a minor spelling error on a poster the jock was hanging up. Fords' intentions were well but that didn't seem to matter to the large blonde haired male pinning him to the wall. "I-I'm s-sorry! I was only trying to help!" Ford could barely get the words out due to the lack of oxygen. "Yeah well you see where your so called 'help' landed you." The large male smirked and lifted Ford up the wall a bit, his feet now barely touching the ground.
"Hey! Back off!" All the sudden a loud and very southern voice yelled from the other side of the hallway. The man the voice belonged to soon came rushing to the bully and much smaller man. He swiftly pushed the blonde off and away from Ford, who fell to the ground and sat on his knees staring at the floor trying to catch a breath. A small drop of blood fell from the intelligent males nose and landed on the ground. The southerner stood in front of Ford and was obviously upset. "You could have killed him!" He furiously shouted at the bully who just rolled his eyes and shrugged off the words. "Whatever..." He said before walking off to a crowd of other guys his age and size. Ford was still struggling to get a breath he felt as his stomach turned painfully, he almost felt like vomiting, the sight of his blood dripping from his nose onto the floor didn't help much either. He lifted his head slightly, which caused a sting of pain to shoot through his neck, yet his gaze was met with a pale hand.