Chapter 9

Fiddlefords' blue eyes widened out of surprise and his face and ears turned a deep shade of red. He took Fords' large hand and blushed even deeper, which he didn't think was possible.
Ford pulled Fiddleford up from the booth, a bit closer to him than intended.
Fiddleford gave a small smile and laugh as Ford blushed furiously.
"I didn't mean to-" Fords' voice cracked again "I'm sorry!" He let go of Fiddleford and stepped back.
Fords stomach started to turn from anxiety.
Fidds heart was beating out of his chest as he stepped forward and grabbed Fords' hand again and put his other on Fords' shoulder and started swaying his hips in time with the music, still humming along.
"It's fine Ford, let's dance." He smiled at the shorter of the two friends.
Ford gulped and put his hand on Fiddlefords' back he honestly had no clue what he was doing, he'd never really danced before.
At first they were both incredibly awkward, Ford even stepped on Fiddlefords' feet a couple of times, apologizing profusely every time, but as the song went on they loosened up and started enjoying themselves more, towards the end of the song Ford decided to spin Fiddleford when he suddenly heard obnoxious laughter coming from where he presumed was outside (his glasses were a bit fogged up), this was followed by approaching footsteps, causing Ford to lose all focus.
With a small thud Fiddleford fell onto the hard floor. "Fidds! I'm so so sorry!" Ford reached his arm out for his friend. "Why am I not surprised?" The obnoxious voice pierced Fords ears as he pulled Fiddleford up from the ground. "What do you want?" Ford asked the bulkier male now in front of him and Fiddleford.
It was the same bully from his second day on campus, the one Fiddleford rescued him from.
"Well I was thinking about grabbing some breakfast but now that I see you freaks I'm not so sure. I already didn't like you but now that I know your a fa-" Fiddleford cut the bully off with a sharp glare. "Don't even think about saying that word." Fiddleford hissed, only to be laughed at.
"Oh look the little pansy decides to stand up for it's boyfriend." He mocked. "S-shut up!" Ford tripped on his words. "HE didn't do anything wrong you're the one being ignorant." He continued.
"Excuse me?" The bully stepped forward and started to call Ford almost every highly offensive homophobic slur there was.
He pushed Ford to the ground and put his foot on the dark haired boys chest to hold him down.
Fiddleford fought in the arms of two of the bullies equally jerky friends as they held him back.
"Stop right now!" A females voiced yelled, it was the waitress, "You have no right to hurt these young men!" She pushed the blonde off of Ford. "But they're gay freaks, they're unnatural!" The bully retaliated.
"There's nothing wrong with being gay now back off, before I call the police." She glared. The bully scoffed and walked out with his friends.