Chapter 17

Fords eyes opened slowly and he discovered his arms were wrapped around Fiddleford, who was holding onto Fords hand. Fords entire face turned red and he started to panic, it was around four AM and he needed to get out of bed to deal with a few things in his study but he didn't want to wake his friend. He usually stayed awake until that time, even though twelve AM was the preferred time. He slowly moved his arms from around Fiddleford, once one was free he unwrapped his fingers from around Fiddlefords and sat up, yawning in the process. He put his glasses on and stood up out of bed. He made sure Fidds was still covered up and warm before leaving the room to go back to his private study.
He relit the candles and set up a few prism. He yawned once more and sat in the middle of the floor surrounded by candles, statues, tapestries, and all sorts of different intriguing objects.
"Well,well,well, missed witching hour again, Fordsie? Tsk tsk, busy with that boyfriend of yours?" The entity teased, much to Fords embarrassment. "Bill, please, he's not my boyfriend." Ford was annoyed, of course, but he preferred to keep his calm around his muse. "Of course not! Although, you do seem quite snuggly and close with that old college 'friend' of yours." Bill poured cups of tea and set up a chess match. "Can we just talk about the portal?" Ford asked and sat down in one of the translucent blue chairs. "Sure, Sixer, whatever you want." He said that in such a suggestive tone that made Fords skin crawl, but the golden being just took a sip of tea as if they were discussing something as trivial as the weather. "Um, yes, anyways, now that Fiddleford is here we can start working on the portal as soon as we retrieve parts from the spacecraft under the town." Ford said with an oddly nervous tone. "Oh, you and farmboy all alone in that big old spaceship, with me watching of course, I can only imagine what could possibly happen." Bill gave a suspicious chuckle, Ford of course didn't notice this,he was to flustered about Bills statement, well, that and he was never to on guard about the muses actions, almost as if he trusted him to much.
The two discussed the portal as well as their contract, along with different things such as Fords research.
Fords eyes slowly opened to a red tinted room full of papers, pencils, books, file cabinets, and so on. He looked down at his wristwatch to make sure it was still at least morning, considering there were times he was in a meditation like state for 8 hours straight without realizing, but luckily it was now only six AM, he had only been in there for two hours. The brunette gave a sigh of relief and went back upstairs, in hopes his new housemate was still asleep. He opened the bedroom door to see Fiddleford standing beside the bed, taking his shirt off. Fords face felt as if it were a thousand degrees and he could hear his heart beating yet he didn't move from the door. Fiddleford finished slipping the clothing off his head he came face to face with Ford. "Oh, howdy Stanford!" He said in a cheerful tone even though he was mildly embarrassed. "AHH I'M SORRY." Ford quickly covered his face and ran out the door, slamming it in the process. 'Oh wow he's...wow.' Ford pressed his back up against the wall. He didn't quite understand his reaction, heck, he's seen Fiddleford completely naked a number of times, usually by accident, in the past, so why was now different, just seeing him without something as simple as a shirt? Fiddleford creaked open the door and saw Ford standing, back pressed up against the wall, beside it."Ford? What's the matter darlin'-" Fiddleford caught himself and blushed. "Sorry....force of habit....what's the matter Ford?" He walked out of the doorway, still with no shirt which caused Ford to start panicking but then he noticed certain scars on Fiddlefords shoulders, chest, stomach, and presumably, back. Ford could feel his heart sink. "It's...nothing." He wanted to ask but he didn't want to remind Fiddleford off what he may have went through. Fiddleford, of course noticed Fords staring but didn't want to talk about it, at least not right now. "Now, listen here, Stanford Pines, I don't want things to be awkward between us, don't ignore the past. We used to..date, that's fine, we're still friends. Don't let anything stop that OK? I've missed you. Now, take off your shirt." Fiddleford stared at Fords chest. "Wait what?" Ford was more confused, and flustered than ever.

(And everyone's least favorite shape enters the picture, oh joy. So yeah anyway, I love the idea of Bill teasing Ford and having a attraction towards him, so SLIGHT one sided Billford will be in this occasionally. Also, my head canons for Fiddleford are still a working progress but I did not so subtly hint at one, involving his ex wife, in this chapter so yeah, also don't worry I'm trying to keep this pg-13 so nothing incredibly inappropriate is going to happen.)