Chapter 6

"FIDDLEFORD-" he took a deep breath before continuing his sentence "I'm fine." Ford immediately felt bad for snapping at his friend that only meant well. "I'm sorry...I just,...." He sighed deeply. Fiddleford forced a smile. "It's fine Ford, I know studying is important to ya'." He quietly said and sat back down on his bed, then beginning to strum on his banjo.
Ford started to doodle on a piece of paper that was laying on his desk. "You know what, I'm starting to get hungry anyway, is that offer for breakfast still on the table?" Fiddleford asked in a uncharacteristically timid voice.
"Of course! Where would you like to go?" Ford smiled, still half asleep. He really wanted to treat Fiddleford to something nice for once. His friend had always been so kind to him it was really the least he could do.
Fiddleford felt his face heat up as he blushed slightly at the smiling tired face of his dorky roommate. "Oh, well let's see..." He tapped his banjo while thinking. "I noticed a small diner just down the street while coming home last night. It looked very wholesome and nice." He smiled over to his brown haired roommate.
"Sounds like a nice change from leftover take out! Let's go!" Ford chuckled and stood up, stretching his back and arms in the process.
'This man is going to be the end of me.' Fiddleford thought to himself while blushing at his groggy best friend. "You might want to clean up a bit first." Fiddleford joked playfully at Ford who was wearing a large orange sweater, well , one of many, that he had clearly been wearing for days. He just had his blue boxers as pants, which he didn't realize at first. It was a very odd clothing combination to say the least. "What? Scared I'll embarrass you?" He laughed and blushed slightly out of his own embarrassment. "I'm scared you'll embarrass yourself, genius." Fidds stood up and ruffled Fords' fluffy brown hair, Ford loved it when Fiddleford called him that even if it was just a playfully mocking nickname he still loved hearing Fiddleford say it. Their eyes met for a few moments while Fidds still had his fingers in Fords' soft hair, Ford quickly averted his eyes once he realized they were still locked on each others eyes. Ford went through this almost every day. The feeling he got when with Fiddleford was amazing. He had fallen deeper into his crush on the southerner and it most certainly didn't help that Fiddleford was a hugger and wasn't afraid to make physical contact with Ford. He would honestly give anything just to feel Fiddleford hold him for more than a few seconds. "Fine, I'll get dressed." He sighed and pulled his blue jeans over his boxers and changed into a light yellow buttoned up shirt.
Fiddleford turned a deep shade of red as Ford changed shirts in front of him "I-I um.. I SHOULD PROBABLY GET DRESSED TOO." Fidds yelled and bolted into the bathroom. Leaving Ford, once again, confused.