The Choosing

Romans POV

As I sat in my office, I thought, God why the fuck am I doing this, I don't want another Luna, I want Galina back. I sighed, thinking of my mate who had died 7 years ago today. Dammit, I should call this thing off. I stood and walked to the window looking out, looking down I saw my restaurant, knowing that Dean and Seth had already gone over to talk to the women who would be moving into my home until I chose one of them and sent the rest packing and heartbroken. I can't do this to these women, they don't deserve this, but hell if I can have a few of them in my bed, I guess it can't be that bad. I saw the door open to the restaurant and a woman emerged looking as if she was already heartbroken, but then I noticed Dean and Seth following her, along with Gretchen, my longtime friend and Galinas sister.
"Gretchen, what the hell are you and those two doing?" I asked when I called her.
"Sorry Alpha Roman, these two idiots scared away one of my best workers."
"Why the hell would they do that?"
"Roman," Seth said, " this woman is one of the chosen, and she didn't take to kindly to something Dean and I asked her. We accidentally insulted her. She's one of the ones who is an Unknown."
"I see, bring her to my office as soon as you can. I think I need to do damage control from you two."

One of the Unknowns, I thought, her talents could be useful to me, and when she did walk away from them, that shows she's got a fiery side. "Tammy, bring Joelle to me please."
"Yes sir," she replied.