Torment

Romans POV
I heard a wolf howling with such longing, curiosity getting the best of me I followed the howls. Didn't take long, I went out of my room, and across the hall to the room. Opening the door quietly I saw whom I wanted to see, her and her daughter were sound asleep the howls coming from Melissa. I smirked, knowing that she was dreaming of me, her torment was just beginning. I wanted her as much as she wanted me, but she couldn't see how much I wanted her yet, she wouldn't believe me if I told her. She is too focused on her daughter and not herself for once. I walked over to the bed, placing a light kiss on her mouth. Her eyes fluttered, moaning my name. Hope snuggled in further to her.

"Momma, wake up, wake up sleepyhead. Come on momma."
"I'm awake, I'm awake." I said yawning, wrapping my arms around Hope.
"Momma, I wanna go play with Joelle."
There was a knock on the door, Hope ran to it, throwing the door open. Looking up I saw Roman and Joelle in the doorway.
"Momma was being a sleepyhead," Hope said, giggling.
"Oh really, you're momma looks pretty being a sleepyhead. And your momma missed out on me sending the others home."
I looked up, wide-eyed, "Seriously?" I asked.
"Yes, there's no one who can compare to you."
He pulled me into him, "You're the one that I want, besides I know you want me too."
I looked at him in confusion. He said, "You're ability is your dreams, you see the future."
I stepped away from him, grabbing Hopes hand, " I can't." Turning and taking Hope out the door. He stood there looking at me, his face falling in disbelief.
"Momma, why are we leaving? I thought you loved him?"
I knelt down in front of her, saying, "Babygirl, it's not that simple. Momma loves you, and I need some time. Ok."
"Ok momma," she said sadly.
I pulled her into my arms, tearing silently falling down my cheeks.

Romans POV
I couldn't believe I was letting her walk away. She's everything, I know it's sudden, but she is all I need. The moment she ran out of the restaurant, I knew who she was, and why she was running.