Protection

"I promise I'll protect you and Hope. I don't like this that he requested a meeting with you both."
"Thank you for coming with us."
"Anytime sweetheart." Roman said placing a kiss to my forehead. "You ready little lady."
Hope looked up at Roman and said, "I'm scared. He's a bad man."
"Maybe this isn't such a good idea," I said.
We walked into the restaurant, sitting down at one of the tables in the back, Hope sitting on my lap, Romans arm protectively around us. He nuzzled my neck, and said, "You smell really good babe."
I blushed deeply, all coherent thoughts flying away, I saw him smirk, "Kiss me," I said.
He pulled my mouth to his, our tongues battling for control, I groaned into his mouth, when we heard, "see I knew it wouldn't be hard for her to move on, she's always been a whore."
Roman growled, "Back off now mutt."
As the conversation wore on, Hope started to get tired so I picked her up and started to walk away from the table when Robert said, "You know what must happen if our connection is broken correct? You realize she will die?"
"Roman, what's he talking about?"
"She doesn't know she's the One of the legends?"
"Come on sweetheart, let's go, he's just spouting off now."
"Melissa, you know the legend, you know your dreams, you know what they mean."
I nodded following Roman out the door. I grabbed his hand, "You said you would protect us through everything, but how could you protect us in death?"
"Love."