Fifty Two

"Where did two teenagers get this kind of money from?" Demi inquired keeping the cheque in her hands, she weren't sure if they should take their money, not when they were as young as they were. It was their choice to go up for adoption, they wouldn't have done it if they weren't fanatically well enough to do so.

"We come from rich families, we know it's not a lot but we thought it would at least get you closer." Bethany explained.

"Are you sure?" Demi questioned again both of the nodded their heads, she sighed slightly putting it back in the envelope and into her bag.

"Thanks." Joe breathed.

"How much longer will you have to wait to have it done?" Jesse questioned.

"Actually I don't think we're far off now with the money your mom has saved when you were younger, we should start looking for a doctor." Demi stated.

"I don't know if I want to wait a couple of years now we have Kaia." Joe admitted.

"It would give us chance to strengthen your legs up a little bit." Demi approved Joe nodding his head gently. He didn't want to have the operation then not be around Kaia as much. They both needed to grow a good bond with her and that meant spending time with her, caring for her and he needed to do as much as he could in his chair. He wanted a relationship with his daughter and to be around her and he didn't know how much he would be if he was concentrating on walking again. Kaia was more important to him at the moment.

"Here she is." Miranda stated as she entered the room with bundles of blankets in her arms, she was passed over to Demi who smiled. She liked holding a baby knowing this was the little girl she was going to spend the rest of her life with. In the ideal situation she would be the one giving birth but she'd never blame Joe for that, she loved him and this was the best they could do at the moment. They both loved Kaia so much already.

"We should go." Joe stated Demi nodding her head looking towards Bethany and Jesse.

"Thanks for everything, we'll send you pictures and you know you can come over whenever you want." Demi stated, they both nodded their heads. They were still sure Joe and Demi were the ones which would be the best parents to their daughter.

"We know, good luck with her." Bethany stated watching as Kaia was passed to Joe Demi taking hold of his handle bars. They all said goodbye before they left. They weren't required to see each other again if they didn't want to but they didn't see that happening. Joe and Demi knew they did want to see their daughter again and they wouldn't stop them.

"Ready for feeds, diaper changes and crying?" Joe questioned making Demi laugh kissing the top of his head gently. People were smiling at them seeing the newborn in Joe's arms, Kaia was still sleeping, she appeared to be a heavy sleeper.

"We've only been waiting for three years." Demi answered.

"It was worth the wait." Joe grinned kissing Kaia's forehead gently, he didn't want to wake her up. They hoped she would stay asleep until they got home when she would be meeting their family for the first time. They made it to the car Demi taking Kaia from Joe to strap her into her car seat which was near where Joe's wheelchair was placed as he got himself in.

"If she starts crying just try and comfort her, it's not far anyway." Demi stated kissing Kaia's head then Joe's lips before she climbed out of the large car getting into the front. She carefully started the car up really not wanting to wake Kaia up Joe's eyes on her.

"She's fine, let's go." Joe demanded softly Demi doing as Joe said. As soon as they got to the freeway the car filled up with a cry.