Mermaid

~Readers POV~

My new nude colour mermaid tail was of very high professional quality and the ocean water was fairly warm. I was wearing a nude scale top, my matching mermaid tail, waterproof eyeliner, and sea foam green contacts and my natural hair. To be honest I kinda just wanted to scare the crap out of fishers on the boats.

My friend/crush Johnnie walked towards the shore where I was swimming. He wore black and white swim trunks and a tee shirt. "Well hi there, (y/n)!"

"Hello, Guilbert." I said. Johnnie took off his shirt and got in the water carefully, until he adjusted to the temperature. "Is it cold?"

"It is a little. It's fine though." He paused as if looking for the right words. "You look amazing!"

I blushed, "Thank you!"

There was a long silent period in which we were just enjoying the ocean. Watching the fishing boats in the distance repeat the same routine they always do. Go to a spot, throw out the net, reel it in, empty the net, and move to a new spot.

"I was wondering. Would you... like to.. go.. on.. a date... with me?" He said nervously.

"Of course!"

I happily hugged Johnnie whilst trying to keep balance with my powerful tail. "Great!.." Johnnie said relieved.