~Chapter 2~

I wake up to darkness in the room. There's a note on my stomach. It's from Tim. 'Food's on the counter. Didn't wanna wake you. ~Tim-Tim'  I look around the room. "Crap. What time is it?" The clock's on the floor. Did I accidentally hit it? Picking it up, I place it back on the dresser. "One in the morning? Damn it, Tim. Wake me up next time!" I groan. Suddenly, my phone starts buzzing on the bed. Its dim light seems bright in the darkness of the night. "Who's calling me this early?" I lean over on one arm, looking at the screen. The second I see the caller ID, I jump onto the bed and answer the phone. "Hello?"

   "I'm sorry to disturb you at such an early time. Is this Max _____?

   "Yes. Yes it is. Who is this? Where's Ross?" The voice on the other side of the line is unfamiliar. It's not Ross, but it's his number.

   "That's what I'm calling you about. Ross told me to call you before had fallen asleep. I believe you share an apartment, is that correct?" Who is this? Why can't I just talk to Ross?

   "Yes, we share an apartment. Where is Ross? Why didn't he just call me himself?" I'm worried. Confused. Angry.

   "Ross is asleep right now. He's here at ________ Hospital." He's at a hospital?!

   "What do you mean? Why is he there? Is he okay? Wha-" He cuts me off.

   "He's alright now, Max. Would you be able to come see him anytime soon?"

   "I'll be there in a second." I immediately jump off his bed and run to grab my jacket.

   "No need to rush. He's currently asleep. I will send someone up to get you once you arrive." Why does someone need to escort me? What's wrong with Ross? I hang up the phone and grab my coat from the back of the couch. Tim walks into the room. He clearly hasn't been sleeping.

   "What's up, Max? Where are you going so early in the morning?"

  "They found Ross. He's in a hospital. I'm going to go see him now." I shove on my shoes and open the door.

   "Call me when you find out what happened!" He calls to me as I rush out the door.

   "I will!" I call back. I start up my car and drive to the hospital, going as fast as I can without getting a ticket. Ross, What did you do?