~Chapter 7~

I sprint through the bright hallway, my head pounding. My foot hits something and I trip, falling to the ground. "Fuck!" The pain is starting to get to me. I can barely see two feet in front of my face. Feeling around, I realize I'm on the long staircase from earlier. I stumble back to my feet and run up the stairs. I almost fall a couple times, but manage to keep going. Once I finally get to the top, I smash into the metal doors, pain echoing through me. Letting out a quick yell of frustration, I slam int the door again. This time, it opens. I'm back in the hallway by the lobby. I need to get Tim... Or Adam... I need help... I stagger into a bathroom before the receptionist at the lobby desk notices me. Pulling out my phone, I stare blankly at the screen. My vision is blurry and everything feels heavy. Shit... I'm gonna pass out... I  press buttons on the phone. It's all blurry. I don't know who I dialed, but I can hear the ringing. God, the ringing is so damn loud. 

   I hear Adam's voice. "Hey, Max. What's up?" He sounds happy and cheerful. 

   "Adam..." I growl. I grit my teeth to keep from passing out. C'mon. Stay conscious. I'm breathing hard now. "Adam. I need... your help."

   "What? What's up?" He sounds slightly worried.

   "I'm at the hospital..." Crap. What is this one called? "I need your help. Immediately." I fall to the ground, dropping the phone. A blast of pain shoots through me. I feel paralyzed. 

   "Max? Max! Hey! What was that noise?" Adam's voice echoes through the bathroom. "Shit. Where are you? I'm coming to help." There's some background noise. My head is spinning like crazy. More yelling from the phone, but I can't make out what he's saying anymore.

   "A-Adammm." I drag out the letters, sounding like a drunk. "H-h-hurrryy." Finally, I lose consciousness.

~Tim P.O.V.~

   My phone starts buzzing on the couch next to me. "Why's Adam calling me at four in the morning?" I wonder aloud. I pick it up and he starts yelling before I even have a chance to say hello.

   "Tim? Where's Max?" He sounds extremely worried.

   "Max? I don't know. He left around one saying they found Ross at the hospital. I haven't heard from him since. I'm worried, dude." It sounds like he's in a car?

   "He just called me. He said he was in a hospital, so he's still there. He sounded bad. Seriously bad. He said he needed help, and then there was just a loud thump and he went quiet. I don't know what happened. I think he's hurt." Damn it. Adam is seriously freaking out now. His speech is getting faster. I need to calm him down, figure out what's happening.

   "Adam? Hey. It's alright. You're in a car, right?" I say, trying to sound calm.

   "Yeah.. I'm heading to find Max." He says shakily.

   "Come here. I'll go with you. We'll find him." He doesn't sound convinced. I can tell he's worried and anxious. "Hey man. Just breathe. It'll be alright, okay? We'll find them. We'll find Max and Ross, and they'll be fine. Everything is gonna end okay, Adam." At least... I hope so... I have a bad feeling about this.

   "Alright. We'll find them, Tim." He's seems calmed down a bit. "I'm on my way. Be there in a few." He hangs up. I run my hands over my heading again, taking a deep breath. I turn off the TV, I wasn't really paying attention to it anyways, and go to grab my jacket. Throwing on a random pair of jeans, I pull on my shoes. Within a few minutes of waiting, a car pulls up in the driveway. Adam honks once, and I run out the door to meet him. I hop in the car quick and he backs out of the driveway. The car ride to the hospital is a silent one, only the occasional chat of asking for directions. We see Max's car in the lot and park next to it. 

   Adam grips the steering wheel tightly, his arms completely straight. Gently, I rest my hand on his shoulder. "C'mon, Adam. They'll be alright." He looks over at me, his eyes full of worry and hope. I give him a quick reassuring smile. "Let's go." We both get out of the car and head in.

   Once we get to the front desk, the receptionist only gives us a quick glance. "Uh. Hello. We're looking for Ross ____ and Max _____?" Adam says tentatively.  The lady ignores us. He asks again and she still doesn't say anything. I tug his sleeve a bit.

   "Let's go to the bathroom real quick." I whisper in his ear. "We can talk without her listening. We need to figure out what's happening." He gives me a quick nod and I lead the way. I walk down the hallway and slowly push open the bathroom door, just in case anyone else is inside. I freeze and Adam walks into my back.

   "Tim? Why'd you-" He cuts himself off.

   "Max?"