Chapter 3

Disclaimer: The characters in this story are not mine, there are the property of Kishimoto and Ishibumi.

Now, let's begin.

XxXxXxXxXx

    Naruto groaned before sighing in relief as he stretched upwards, arching his back slightly. A deep breath, and the blond was slowly bouncing on the balls of his feet.

      All around the teen, all the eye could see was foliage and the small forest creatures that scurried along their way. The sun had long since risen and the shinobi's internal clock told him it was probably an hour or so before noon. The dimensionally misplaced shinobi weighed his options of what he could do for the day. His only knowledge of this world had rested on what the girls had told him yesterday. But, he had realized that the world worked similarly to his own, with the exception of powerful ninjas just jumping around the place.

     He could always head back to the red-haired girl. That idea came and went in a split-second. Sure, he could possibly learn a bit more about this world, but the girl's offer had rubbed him the wrong way. The way she made light of him giving up his humanity as though she was discussing the weather made him wary of the girl. Plus, she had told him that he would have to become her servant, which was something he would not be doing. Naruto was incredibly loyal (and one had to be when the person you considered to be your best friend was a broody Uchiha with family issues) but that was only to his precious people. Haku had made realize this fact, and if there was sliver of chance that he could save a friend in need, he would go that extra mile. But the fact of the matter was that they were not friends. Acquaintances, at best. So with that in mind, Naruto resolved to not meet with the girl for a while.

     So with that option out of the way, Naruto reasoned that the best course of action for now was to explore the town and if possible, hunt a job.

      When he really thought about, Naruto never really had a normal life. He had been kicked out of the orphanage when he was younger and only a year later, had been living by himself. At age twelve, he had graduated the academy and have been working as a ninja ever since. He had never not had a job since he was 12 years old. Unlike the civilian children who had gone to civilian school and such, he had decided to kick ass and take names later. And rescue a few princesses along the way. While that was cool back home, it wouldn't really help him with the problem he had now. Namely, lack of money. And with the fact that he felt as though his stomach was gonna eat him inside out, lack of food was another one to the list. The blond shinobi ran a hand through his spiky hair, before he looked down, dressed only in his mesh undershirt, his orange pants and sandals, he knew he had another problem to add to the ever-growing list.

      Lack of clothes.

     Mid-day found our protagonists walking carelessly down the streets of Kuoh. Now wearing a white T-shirt and black pants he had liberated from a clothesline, Naruto fiddled with the hem of the shirt. He had been walking around for about fifteen minutes and he now closer to finding a job than he was at the start of his hunt. That was due to the lack of jobs in the area and the fact that he had little civilian skills. He wasn't a repairman, evidence to this was the state of most of his appliances in his apartment. He wasn't the world's greatest chef either, if anything, he was at the bottom of the barrel. He had always chosen to dine at Icihiraku's whenever hunger struck him or heat up a cup of instant ramen. Not to mention his dislike for anything that involved paperwork. Sure he had wanted to be hokage, but he was no fool, he had often seen the Old Man's work pile. He had planned that when he became hokage, he would hire someone smart like Shikamaru to do the paperwork for him while he went out and kicked ass.