Chapter 7

If you haven't figured out yet, I weep for your future. You have caught the deadly disease of moron-itis. There is no cure. But for 'just because', I will say it again, I do not own neither Naruto nor High school DxD.

On the story.

XxXxXxXxXx

On the outskirts of Kuoh, the slight rustling of the leaves as the trees danced a waltz with the wind was all that could be heard. The small forest animals scurried hurriedly along the forest floor, ending to their separates habitats as the moon bathed the area in a pool of silver allure. It was a scenic night, the twinkling of the stars matching the man-made lights that flickered in and out of existence in the city below gave the small town a relaxing appeal. But the focus of our attention payed no mind to his surroundings. No, he couldn't afford the time. His master - how he hated calling that lunatic that - had given him a job and he was on his way back to tell him of a job while done. A feral grin threatened to split his face as he anticipated the sheer chaos that was to come when their plans came to fruition. The heavens will be split asunder and the gates of hell will be unleashed and the only middle ground between the two, their fated battleground, being the human realm. He could already taste the fear of the pesky humans as their world crumbled to ashes before their very eyes as beasts that were thought only to be figment of imagination wreck havoc to their world.

Yes, he would endure serving that man for now, if it meant a war between the factions.

And the best part of it all, no one will see it coming until it was too late.

With those thoughts in mind, he man flew faster, his leathery wings propelling him closer to his goal. He became a blur in the dim sky as his dark clothing helped hide his presence. Suddenly, he felt a crushing force slammed into him from above and forced him to veer off-course. The man fell into a steep nosedive, only righting himself as he reached near the peak of the trees below him. He hovered in the air, his violet eyes darting back and forth, side to side and up and below in search of the presence. He had only felt it for a moment, but the intense blood-lust rattled him to the core. Not even his new master, a man known and feared for his intense battle presence, could produce such an intense feeling and that thought brought a cold sweat to the nape of his neck.

A rustle.

He spun on his heels and a magical circle shimmered to life as the man fired a torrent of flames in the direction of the sound, burning a number trees to charred wood. Yet, the presence was still there. He could feel its eyes peering at him through the darkness. Watching him. Mocking him. If he wasn't sure he was being played with before, the resounding laughter that seemed to echo from all around him verified his thoughts. A swell of anger boiled to the surface, turning his pale face to a tomato red.

"SHOW YOURSELF, COWARD!" he yelled in response. The laughter died, yet that only made the situation all the more scarier. He began to steadily build up his magic reserves, evident by the red aura slowly consuming his figure. He knew whatever it was that attacked him must be strong, but he refused to back from the challenge, he was high-class devil, his pride wouldn't allow for retreat. Deciding that the silence was worse than the laughter, he spoke again, "Come on and face me coward! Are will you hide in the shadows?" he baited, hoping that the man chose to show himself that he at least had a target to shoot at. For a few tense moments, nothing happened, having the man believe that his attacker would stay in shadows and strike him down. But that was not to be.

Blood red eyes glared at the man. Black slits cut through the crimson sclera like a fox. Fierce, wild yet intelligent. The man knew these eyes could only belong to one type of supernatural beings, beings he had no love for. "Yokai," the man sneered lowly as the aura around began to swirl in a frenzy.